Railway Transfer Basin

Speedwheel

Featured Posts

I know we're going way off topic but it does sound like the old boy didn't really need finding...

If they had not found him he might well have needed the air ambulance as well the next day. OK he was sat on a seat, he could have been laying in a ditch.

Quite often you will see police choppers training in that area anyway and if your old dad was missing would you appriciate it if the police used their helicopter to help to find him.

They'd have a job, he's been dead thirty four years. I know where he is.

If they had not found him he might well have needed the air ambulance as well the next day. OK he was sat on a seat, he could have been laying in a ditch.

okay, I'll put it another way, he clearly knew who he was, where he was and how he'd got there. I appreciate how difficult it is for healthcare professionals in nursing homes but on the evidence available he seems to be competent to be out on his own, and is probably fed up with not being allowed out. Also it sounds like he was better equipped to walk a mile than the copper was.

Quite often you will see police choppers training in that area anyway and if your old dad was missing would you appriciate it if the police used their helicopter to help to find him.

Actually those are from Shawbury and are training pilots for the services. The two Princes were there in the last year or so though now both are gone - one doing search and rescue at Valley (while waiting to get married to the lady he lives with).