IWHC training courses

Willber G

Featured Posts

Hi, did a three day course with Terry and found it to be most informative and usefull, he taught me things I haden't even thought of, paddle steering, steering in reverse, steering forward, rope work, daily engine checks, lock work, winding, how to get unstuck from a bank, single handed sailing, and much more. Highly recommended. P.S. have no conection with Terry.

Should have added that he can train you on your own NB.

I was a bit baffled at first when I saw the title.

To me, IWHC = Inland Waterway Holiday Cruises Ltd., the Hotel Boat company run by Peter Froud for many years (and my employers for quite a few of them).

Tim

me too, only i connected it to Derek Fearnley!!

Well while you're both here, any advice on the training? ;)

ell all my training is self taught, ie hiring a boat and going out doing it myself thus getting experience.

Would say 90% of has been learning by my mistakes and 10% advice from boaters we have met while on the cut.

Having said that I do intend to take a RYA course before getting my own boat.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have recently bought a narrowboat and am thinking of doing one of these courses: Link

Are they any good, and are there any others that I should be thinking of?

I am a self-confessed novice! :unsure:

I can recommend Rod Fox at Stourport. He does narrow locks (including staircase), wide locks & river training on his one day courses. Doing man overboard excercises on the Severn was most enlightening. My wife did a 2 day course with TR training from Norbury and found the course course excellent. Both Rod & Terry are really nice guys.

http://cruisingschool.co.uk

http://trboathandling.com

Edited by Flyboy