Security of tenure............

Maffi

Featured Posts

This has been put out buy the ODPM. Seems they are interested in Live Aboard Boaters. It would seem that 25 years after a private members bill was first proposed someone has decided it could be useful to look at.

Consultation Paper

This links to a PDF file.

I have a Word version if anyone wants it.

well, this is a problem with situations like Jericho, they shout at ministers and everyone notices us. Security of tenure's probably a good thing, but underneath this I'll betcha there's a local government (also Mr Punchy's remit) consultation asking "how do we enforce council tax for those smelly boater types?"

or maybe I'm just paranoid

Wont do anything for those on non residential moorings only those that have the real thing.

Complete waste of time..........

all it will do is to create a shortage of moorings as no landlord will want to create a landlord tennant relationship and there will be two classes those that have and those that dont.

J

Edited by idleness

It isn't a waste of time at all - currently even those on residential moorings have no security at all. Rent a house and you have rights. Rent a residential mooring, and you have none.

As I know that you take the DBA list read Adrian Stotts views on this as to what might happen.

I Believe all it will do is create a shortage of moorings and there will be those on pukka residential moorings who are allright jack and those that are not who will be stuffed.

It maybe Ok in the north but down in the midlands and south there are just no moorings to be had and for every pukka residential mooring there are I guess at least 5 boats living on moorings that are not residential.

What needs addressing is not the security of tenure but the fact that many councils will just not grant PP to residential moorings forcing mant boats to break the law.

J

No wrong! The real issue is that people complain that not enough is being done, then when someone tries to do something the idea is shot down out of hand.

So now is the time for all you who have a gripe, whatever it is, to tell the ODPM about it. Be it Security of tenure or lack of tenure to be secure.

Tell them about the lack of moorings and the situations you find yourselves in and for Gods sake do it soon because if there are no responses the ODPM will assume there is not a problem and drop the whole thing.

A 1000 mile march starts with the first step, well that first step was taken twenty five years ago. Time to take the next step. Stand up and be counted or get off the water!

Edited by Maffi

No wrong! The real issue is that people complain that not enough is being done, then when someone tries to do something the idea is shot down out of hand.

Absolutely. 'Idlenesss', you know the DBA is also pointing out the problem of small numbers of residential moorings.

There are probably fewer residential moorings in the north than down south.