Wigrams turn Marina

boatyboy

Featured Posts

Hi all.We are still frozen in at Welton hythe on the GU.But we might try casting off tomorrow :unsure: .We would like to go the few miles from here to moore up in Wigrams turn marina for Christmas.Can anyone tell me of the ice situation in the marina and surrounding areas please.also does anyone have an idea of charges per night for short term period.

Dave

please.also does anyone have an idea of charges per night for short term period.

Dave

Mmm one of the few marinas that doesn't seem to display their mooring fees (short and long term) on their web site...

it seems you have to complete a mooring enquiry form to find out..

I'd give em a bell...

We moor at Ventnor Farm, not a million miles from Wigrams.

I was at the boat today, the ice has melted a lot and the GU in this area was certainly passable today.

Even though Ventnor is in the Castle Marinas Group, as is Wigrams, I am sorry I don't know the daily fees - never really had occasion to ask.

Hi all.We are still frozen in at Welton hythe on the GU.But we might try casting off tomorrow :unsure: .We would like to go the few miles from here to moore up in Wigrams turn marina for Christmas.Can anyone tell me of the ice situation in the marina and surrounding areas please.also does anyone have an idea of charges per night for short term period.

Dave

I called Calcutt today, he reckoned nobody going anywhere fast as top lock frozen as was the cut :angry:

Dave

I think the rate would be negotiable when you turn up, certainly there are plenty of empty berths about.

I'd expect £7 - £10 night though it's been quite a while since I last went short term

Ventnor Farm just north a wee bit is quieter if you prefer that, though it's miles from a pub