Leeds police in fake cigarettes raids

Robbo

Featured Posts

BETTY BOOP Built by SKATER MARINE - Length 17.37 metres (57 feet ) - Beam 2.08 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft 0.76 metres (2 feet 6 inches ) Metal hull, power of 43. Registered with British Waterways number 518939 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 11-Apr-2010.

BETTY BOOP Built by SKATER MARINE - Length 17.37 metres (57 feet ) - Beam 2.08 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft 0.76 metres (2 feet 6 inches ) Metal hull, power of 43. Registered with British Waterways number 518939 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 11-Apr-2010.

Was quite a regular around Clarence Dock in summer time...

That sounds suspiciously Jim Shead'ish...

Edited to add relating to the OP: Pleased they caught 'em, i've had the displeasure of sampling cheap fake fags and if you think the real ones are bad for you they're nothing on these things.

Did there not come a point some years ago where the IRA switched one of their main fundraising attentions to smuggled, dutyless cigarettes as they had become more profitable than "hard" drugs such is the rate of government taxation on such addictive things?

Hook 'em and burn 'em... surely not the action of any modern, responsible government to over tax dependable items as mentioned or, let's say, fuel for instance?

Edited by The Anonymous Bard

That sounds suspiciously Jim Shead'ish...

Edited to add relating to the OP: Pleased they caught 'em, i've had the displeasure of sampling cheap fake fags and if you think the real ones are bad for you they're nothing on these things.

As I don't smoke I'll take your word for it ;-)