U-Boat on the L&L

NiceNarrowboat

Featured Posts

Reminds me of the narrowboats the Royal Navy owned, with superstructures in the style of I think a Frigate, a Destroyer and definitely a Submarine. I remember going on one of them in the 70s at York once.

That's interesting - the story of the first boat I lived on was something along the lines of it being built as a Navy recruitment tool. I think it was 1977?

n633890276_857532_6701.jpg

what do you reckon?

The old Matchbox (now Revell) 1:72 kit?

I could never even begin to afford that when I was into model-making 20 years ago (I was mainly into 1:72 WWII armour, but dabbled with other subjects on occasion), but it's one of the kits I'd like to have a go at now (especially with all of the aftermarket etched brass sets available for it). Unfortunately, when I last got all of my modelling stuff out (to have a go at another kit I lusted after as a 12 year old, the Airfix 1:72 Catalina, which I was/am planning to convert to depict a post-war water bomber), my wife got one whiff of polystyrene cement and promptly decreed that model making was not an activity that was going to happen in any house she lived in.

Sorry to hear that you wife does not share your passion for glue sniffing in the privacy of your own home :rolleyes:

Is she ok about alcohol and recreational drugs?

Sorry to hear that you wife does not share your passion for glue sniffing in the privacy of your own home :rolleyes:

Is she ok about alcohol and recreational drugs?

Lol

Perhaps surprisingly, she's a lot happier with those than she is with polystyrene cement. To be fair, I had had a bit of an accident and spilt half a bottle or so over my desk, so the whole house did have a quite a distinct smell of nasty solvents.

Some folks just never grow up I suppose. His money, his life, good luck to the bloke but I see that as just one step above sticking your arms out and running round going Neeeooooow! being an aeroplane.

And a damn good excuse to don a very silly hat.

"my wife got one whiff of polystyrene cement and promptly decreed that model making was not an activity that was going to happen in any house she lived in."

When my late first misses complained about my model making I said to her "keeps me off the streets, out of the pub and away from loose women" - never heard another complaint.

Said piccy of boat

[/url] dscf3669.jpg

Edited by Ray T