Baton Spacing

Biggles

Featured Posts

My sides have no frames on the cabin sides so I am gluing them on. Below the gunwale there are frames so as you say an no brainer.

I kinda guessed it would be 2' but just wanted to be sure.

Biggles

I think it depends what you are covering the battons with. As we had plywood under the gunwhale - two foot spaces were OK, but we put tongue and grove in a herring bone pattern on the upper part and needed battons at 18 inches apart.

Philip

Mine are all glued and I fitted them at 24" ctrs and in the areas where i was going to fit cupboards they are fitted at 12" ctrs, i'm planning on fitting 1/2" plywood so it's probably over the top. Belt and braces is the way IMO :P

My sides have no frames on the cabin sides so I am gluing them on. Below the gunwale there are frames so as you say an no brainer.

I kinda guessed it would be 2' but just wanted to be sure.

It seems to vary between location and builder, often 27" on the floor and 24" or 21" on the sides. If you have them below the gunwhale, I would say put them in the same place above! It will help with cutting panels and fitting bulkheads?