Improvments and New Features add to the Forum Software

DHutch

Featured Posts

Ive not got an iphone to test it with. Can the other iPhone users comment on this before i go and read up on it?

Works well on the iPad as well! It basically looks like the "IP Board Mobile" theme. IMHO the software upgrade for this little feature was worth it alone!

There is also facebook integration. Which also new members to login with there facebook login and migrate information across and create a new account more rapidly. Existing members can associate the account with the facebook login and update there status remotely.

Daniel

I have turned on a Trail of the Chat system which can be found as a tab at the top of each page.

The free trial is limited to a maximum of five users are any one time, however assuming it is a success this will extended to support more users very quickly.

Daniel

I've just had a go in the Chatroom...much better than the old version we tried a while back!

Should now be able to hold up 50 people at anyone time.

- There is a main room. and then the option if you click on members of a 'private chat' which is 1 to 1.

- Currently i don't believe its possible to create a 'private room' but this may be possible in the future.

Please remember that all chat content is recorded and remains visible to site staff for 30 days.

Daniel

Just returned from holiday to find the forum changed. A bit freaky when you didn't know it was happening. I wondered if canalworld had been disappeared/hijacked, and I couldn't see any more how to view new posts. A member has now helped me out on that one, and I'm sure I'll get to like the new forum although the old one was fine for me (I can't afford the likes of iphones I fear :( ). We should be (and I am) grateful for all the hard work modernising the forumware. Its a pity the system can't send an automated email to registered users telling them about it as then I'd not have felt stranded (I tried to spot any announcement thread about the changes but couldn't see one amongst the now rearranged and unfamiliar trees...until now!).

I'm only a newbie so hope I don't sound ungrateful, because I am actually very grateful for the existence of this forum.

How do you look at topics a couple of days old??

The best way to get a list of the topics with the last day/2days/week at present is to logout and click on the 'view new content' link. This then opens a page of recent topics, with an option at the bottom to select how far you want to go back. You can then browse all the pages of this list without completion even if you log back in using another tab/window, as long as you dont click the 'view new content' list at any point, but return to it my going back to the tab you left open with it in.

Ie, you open a thread from the list, in a new window, read it, login, make a post on it, and then close (or leave it open) and return to the list repeated until your done.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved to a more satisfactory state shortly, but in the mean time I thank-you for your cooperation and hope you consider it less of a inconvenience that swapping back to old software until its resolved and apologise that it was not something we anticipated or was aware of before performing the upgrade.

Daniel

Daniel

Absolutely no need to apologise. As you are aware on the old system you just clicked on the button.

I have now got used to the new look and am enjoying the forum as before. You have done a good job under difficult circumstances, what with the likes of me sending unappreciative comments.

I will try your explanation, I am sure it works.

Martyn