Trix

Featured Posts

this is whats inside fairly close to the engine bearers

boat014.jpg

outside

boat003.jpg

the bit I would like to get rid of

boat001.jpg

Unfortunately there is not enough information in the photos to see how the inside relates to the outside picture. We need a view or views of the whole of the engine may to see if there is a skin tank there or not.

From what I can see it looks as if the gate valve inside the boat is connected to the "hole" in what looks like the keel and if so it suggests that the last engine was direct raw water cooled with that being the water intake.

If cost is everything the engine you mentioned should couple up to that hole and valve. However I would defiantly pass the water through a weed strainer. I am still unsure about the relative positions of the feet and coupling though.

So no filter or strainer then!!

thats it all that is left from the original engine

there are no skin tanks present it was just raw cooled i believe I am now fairly convinced I want skin tanks or keel cooling cost is not everything but of course is a consideration especially on a boat that is at the cheaper end of the market even when in good condition