All suggestions welcome!

Jon

Featured Posts

Jon,

I have just managed to get onto the forum again but it wasn't easy I had to re-register with a different email address, otherwise it wouldn't accept the re-registration. Now, luckily I have more than one address, but if I had only the one then I would not be posting this now. I am sure some members will be in this situation, so you may need to look into the reasons why this occurred.

Jon,

I have just managed to get onto the forum again but it wasn't easy I had to re-register with a different email address, otherwise it wouldn't accept the re-registration. Now, luckily I have more than one address, but if I had only the one then I would not be posting this now. I am sure some members will be in this situation, so you may need to look into the reasons why this occurred.

There should be no reason for that! The database is 100% new. What did it say?

Jon

It said " a user profile with that email address already esists" or words to that effect. However  when I tried to log on it just said I had to re-register. So I did so with the other email address and here I am.

Please can you send me (either publically or privately) the other e-mail address you tried to use.

Many thanks,

Jon

• 1 year later...

Jon,

Following my thread about 12 volt circuits I had a bit of a game trying to find bits I needed.

There are regular links to suppliers scattered throughout this forum, but it occurs to me that it could be useful to have some sort of centralised directory of where to get what. Recommended Suppliers. Maybe pinned in Building & Maintenance.

Not a discussion, just a listing, and not endorsed by Canal World in any way, but based on members' personal experiences and quality of service they received.

For 12v / 24v bits and bobs (cable, fuses and holders, bulbs, switches, connectors etc.) at sensible prices, and with next day delivery, I would like to give a first 'pat on the back' to:

http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/index.php

Ade.

There is the links directory,

maybe we could have a link to redirect to this from the maintenance section?

That's not quite what I meant Dan,

just thought it might be useful to have, in the Building & Maintenance section, some sort of directory (based on members' dealings) of where to get the sort of stuff that anyone doing a fit-out is going to need, perhaps split into, for example, 'Useful Stuff - Timber & panelling' or 'Useful Stuff - Electrical'

I did try searching within the Links section for 'electrical' and 'fuse' but it found nothing for me.

If the 'Links' was cross-referenced to 'Boat Building' then maybe it could work, but it strikes me that it's more for boat builders or chandlers advertising their services than 'Useful Stuff' which might not come from a canal orientated source.

Ade.

Sorry for the delay in replying to this!

Moley, are you looking to links to much more specific suppliers then, such as wood/engine parts/electrical etc as a 'quick' reference?

Carrie, I'm more than happy to put a section on the site for this, but I can't contribute anything myself as I have neither the knowledge or the boat... If others were willing to contribute this could work.

Jon