I pimped my galley

Featured Posts

I had a fun evening yesterday. On a budget as I am, I decided to funkify my galley. For the price of a can of pale pink spray paint to tart up the breadbin and spice racks, and a string of solar powered led lights, my little galley was transformed!

Here it is by day:

Photo-0211.jpg

And here it is by night:

Photo-0207.jpg

(By the way, ignore the mess under the breakfast bar (aka the cocktail bar)... all my paints from my roses and castles escapades are under there until I get a big toolbox for them!)

I've also bought a pale pink whistling kettle from Ebay for £8.50 and a two-pack of pale pink handtowels from Poundland for a squid and three pale pink biscuit tins from Wilkos for £1.97 each - and the pinky transformation is complete at the bargain price of £26.19

So that's lead me to wonder what bargain makeovers has everyone else done on their boats in the past?

... I decided to funkify my galley. For the price of a can of pale pink spray paint <snip> I've also bought a pale pink whistling kettle <snip> and a two-pack of pale pink handtowels <snip> and three pale pink biscuit tins <snip> and the pinky transformation is complete...

Anyone would think you're a girlie :lol:

Lovely job BSP :lol:

Tony

Good job jou haven't seen this then.. safe pink linky

Gary

That washing up bowl is for rich people!! Eek. That's BSP's entire new bathroom budget, surely?

Our Price: £44.61 (£37.97 excl. TAX)

You Save: £7.89 (15%)

But if I had 45 squid to put in my sink and they did em in yellow or orange ... very nice toys

That looks good, not my colour but it seems to work well.

We have done no pimping to Cal other than a set of four cream cushions in the cabin and some blue towels in the bathroom and galley. May have a look at the weekend and see what we can muster up.

I'm not usually a pink person (galley was accessorised in red and black before). But after falling in love with the kettle of my dreams I had to go down the icy pink route...

Kettle.jpg

:lol:

I've got the red one... handle does get a little warm though.. Where did you get the solar lights from btw?

I had a fun evening yesterday. On a budget as I am, I decided to funkify my galley. For the price of a can of pale pink spray paint to tart up the breadbin and spice racks, and a string of solar powered led lights, my little galley was transformed!

As usual on a snails pace signal the text came up and I thought Yuk, then the picture popped up and changed my mind realy nice!

Edited by Radio-Ga-Ga

I just love the kettle. Beautiful colour (and I'm deffo not a pink person)

Just a word of warning for folks who use, at times, both electric kettles and gas/stove hob kettles. Don't put the electric kettle on a hob. :lol::lol:

I've got the red one... handle does get a little warm though.. Where did you get the solar lights from btw?

I thought it was Wilkos but it wasn't, it was Home Bargains. £5.99 for a string of 50 leds and they come in white, blue or multi.

Edited by BlueStringPudding

Here it is by day:

And here it is by night:

(By the way, ignore the mess under the breakfast bar (aka the cocktail bar)... all my paints from my roses and castles escapades are under there until I get a big toolbox for them!)

I've also bought a pale pink whistling kettle from Ebay for £8.50 and a two-pack of pale pink handtowels from Poundland for a squid and three pale pink biscuit tins from Wilkos for £1.97 each - and the pinky transformation is complete at the bargain price of £26.19

So that's lead me to wonder what bargain makeovers has everyone else done on their boats in the past?

This confirms my belief that anything to be done in the galley is a pink job. Just like anything to do with toilets or engines is a blue job.

I have, however, had it pointed out to me that the task of defining which jobs are blue and which are pink is a pink job.

This confirms my belief that anything to be done in the galley is a pink job. Just like anything to do with toilets or engines is a blue job.

I have, however, had it pointed out to me that the task of defining which jobs are blue and which are pink is a pink job.

• 4 weeks later...

Pink ain't my thing but you've created a darn good look: Well Done I say - and Cheers :lol:

If we all win the Lottery next week, could we whiz you the Pink Agaaaaarh?! And please don't tell me you've painted the loo pink too?!

Best wishes,

Pamaloon :lol: :lol:

Pink ain't my thing but you've created a darn good look: Well Done I say - and Cheers :lol:

If we all win the Lottery next week, could we whiz you the Pink Agaaaaarh?! And please don't tell me you've painted the loo pink too?!

Best wishes,

Pamaloon :lol: :lol:

:lol: Nah, the pink was reserved for the galley. I love it alongside the black of the cooker and pans and plates.