The Surrey Canal project

Josher

Featured Posts

Perhaps they should come up and have a look at the plans for the area surrounding the richest football club in the world ... that has a canal running through it as well.

Building Design.

Studio Egret West’s proposals for the regeneration of a 12 ha swathe of south London have been unveiled.

The Surrey Canal project includes 2,700 homes, offices and community sports facilities close to Millwall Football Club’s ground, the New Den.

A public exhibition detailing the scheme begins on July 25, and a planning application will be lodged with Lewisham Council later this year.

Mark Taylor, director of developer Renewal, which is leading the Surrey Canal project, said: “Our vision is to create a new special piece of London with a centre of regional sporting excellence. “We want world class facilities for local people and those at the top of their sports alike. “Alongside these facilities we want high quality new homes, shops, cafés and restaurants and vibrant open spaces.”

David West of Studio Egret West said the scheme featured high quality open space, including a new park and new sports facilities.

“The sporting element will underpin the new community with large scale indoor venues lining Surrey Canal Road and roof top play areas animating the sky line above,” he added.

“This will provide a major focal point for everyone who lives, works or visits Surrey Canal.”

The proposals are backed by Sport England, the England Table Tennis Association, Kent County Cricket Club and England Basketball.

Edit: Website here. - can't see any canals on it though!

Edited by Josher

Woo! If they can provide vistas of the Surrey Canal, I can flog my house claiming it has views of the Croydon Canal!

Our first home backed on to the Croydon canal..............................no boats though just trains.

I was equally disappointed when, on moving to Paris, I discovered that the TV channel "Canal+" wasn't dedicated to the inland waterways of France.

:lol: I love it, or as they say on Canal+ "Je l'aime"