Stratford-upon-Avon

MartinC

Featured Posts

The towpath at the bottom of Wilmcote flight appears to be shared as a road. At the gated entry there is, quite sensibly, a BW sign indicating a 5mph limit. I have no idea what properties are served by the road but it is obvious that the users think that it is quite alright to drive down a shared towpath at speeds of over 30mph, in heavy rain.

As there is the BW sign I assume that BW have some responsibility for the road and might consider that a couple of speed bumps could avoid a nasty accident. I have made a "near miss" report to BW but I wonder if this was an isolated incident or if anybody else has experienced this type of dangerous driving.

i have quite often been nearly hit whilst on pavements.People pull off the road to park half off half on the pavement still going at road speed or only a little slower.The system you describe must be treated with the same caution as a country lane with no path as the drivers will consider it thus and the 5 mile an hour sign will not slow them any :lol: :lol: :

The towpath at the bottom of Wilmcote flight appears to be shared as a road. At the gated entry there is, quite sensibly, a BW sign indicating a 5mph limit. I have no idea what properties are served by the road but it is obvious that the users think that it is quite alright to drive down a shared towpath at speeds of over 30mph, in heavy rain.

As there is the BW sign I assume that BW have some responsibility for the road and might consider that a couple of speed bumps could avoid a nasty accident. I have made a "near miss" report to BW but I wonder if this was an isolated incident or if anybody else has experienced this type of dangerous driving.

If it's the stretch I think it is, then the road is access for the cottage on that bit of Wilmcote flight only. If so it won't be tricky to find the culprit and either ask him to drive slower or report him (or her!)

The only vehicle I've ever seen on that bit was a BW van

Richard

Tesco delivered my shopping to me there once too! But they parked up at the gate and wheeled it out to me on a little trolley thing. And they didn't do that at 30 miles an hour due to the weight of all the beer. :lol: