Why do so many boaters use "X type" TV aerials, particularly flimsy ones ?

Justin Smith

Featured Posts

Ironically my mum watches far more TV than I do now, so every time we`re down there I take the Mick mercilessly, particularly as I suffer from RGS*.

Having said all that there are certain programmes even I want to watch, is there anyone who thinks Harry Hill`s TV Burp isn`t bleedin` funny ? ! ? That guy is a comedy genius, and I liked him when he was still unkown !

* Repetitive Joke Syndrome

Sure its not Repetative Gaff Syndrome? :lol:

Possibly, but I would still personally prefer it if everybody who signed up to the forum stuck to the published rules and guidelines.

EDITED: For typo.

Alan I do have a small discrete link to the "day job" website

that was put on there for two reasons

1. To make it totally transparent about who I am when offering information./advice

2. I kept having to put the link in when replying to people

The mods have seen it's there and I have ( up to now not received any messages about removing it)

As you and many others know I do offer advice/parts to forum members BUT I do not hard sell

If Dan or previously Jon feel that this form of link is a "trade" advert then I would either offer to remove it immediately or pay a reasonable fee to keep it on there

All said and done though if you feel that it is not the right thing to do I will remove it

Regards

Chris

Alan I do have a small discrete link to the "day job" website

Chris,

My remarks were perhaps a bit too strong, on reflection.....

Clearly it's Dan's shout at the end of the day.

I've no doubt he has noted your discrete link, and if he objected, I'm sure you would have heard.

Similarly he has looked at this thread, and not chosen to object to the OP's link, so fine by me too.

I suppose Axiom propellers springs to mind, though!

I agree there are cowboys in the aerial trade, so a site that exposes some of what goes on there can't be a bad thing.

The gain on an X type aerial is reasonable, when it`s all there !

I agree with the watching too much TV thing, my parents used to limit how much TV I watched as a kid, though I can`t see many parents doing that now. Kids are usually regarded as the important ones these days, not adults........

Ironically my mum watches far more TV than I do now, so every time we`re down there I take the Mick mercilessly, particularly as I suffer from RJS*.

Having said all that there are certain programmes even I want to watch, is there anyone who thinks Harry Hill`s TV Burp isn`t bleedin` funny ? ! ? That guy is a comedy genius, and I liked him when he was still unkown !

* Repetitive Joke Syndrome (or, alternatively, RGS - Repetitive Gaff Syndrome)