Mobile

anthony

Featured Posts

Thanks for the suggestion Anthony. I would think, oweing to the large amount of data constantly changing, that a mobile version would be too bandwidth intensive costing loads. However, we do have a

LO-FI version which can been accessed http://www.canalworld.net/forums/lofiversion/index.php. The problem being that in this version you can not post new topics.

Jon

Edited by Jon

The other thing i can sergest is to use oprea instead of internet expolor as it make turning images on/off a very much quicker exersise.

- And it also has a mode where by it shows all the images it has in the cache, but doesnt download and new ones.

- Which is helpfull when you are on a slow conection, or one that is charged by qty of data trasfer (ie GPRS)

Also, although ive never used it, i know a lot of people have had sucess with on-speed as a way of decreasing cost (as well as increasing speeds).

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Wap probably not the best of solutions but things such as Dan said or a low version.

Or fiddle with settings, you can fiddle around with whether you want to see images or not.

It is all there really if you know how, maybe you could write us a guide:-) im sure Jon wouldn;t mind and i would enjoy the read:-)

Also adding to that

Wap is the sort of web pages that you view on a mobile, so if you were connecting to the internet on your laptop or something using your mobile a wap version wouldnt work anyway surely as this is for mobiles.

Also adding to that

Wap is the sort of web pages that you view on a mobile, so if you were connecting to the internet on your laptop or something using your mobile a wap version wouldnt work anyway surely as this is for mobiles.

Yeah, that true. :rolleyes:

- Although you can get Wap veiwers to run on your pc (although god only knows why you want that)

Daniel

• 2 years later...

After just setting myself up on a mobile connection (3g via Three) I have been wondering about this and have searched for this on the forums... unfortunately though, there doesn't seem to be a version of the same for mobile users.

As somebody who has done a bit of web development and who has played around with the building of websites I'm sure it couldn't be that hard to do. The forums at the moment are quite graphically intense but that is all controlled through a CSS (style sheet) and all it'd need is for this to be "dumbed" down to just text but this is something that would need to be put in as a request to IPB.

What do others think... ?