The giant water tank.....

Featured Posts

We've been away for a week and played with the new water meter. It seems that I've been misled. The meter has a set of rotary dials that read up to 100's of litres, and then a digital readout for 1000's of litres. It turns out that digital dial flips over as the 100's needle passses 500, not zero as I assumed, so the two readings of the full-to-empty test were 200l and 850l. NOT 200l and 1850l. So our water tank is 650 litres, not 1650 litres. That fits with experience much better, even if it's not so good for willy-waving.

Thought I'd better 'fess up here.

MP.

We've been away for a week and played with the new water meter. It seems that I've been misled. The meter has a set of rotary dials that read up to 100's of litres, and then a digital readout for 1000's of litres. It turns out that digital dial flips over as the 100's needle passses 500, not zero as I assumed, so the two readings of the full-to-empty test were 200l and 850l. NOT 200l and 1850l. So our water tank is 650 litres, not 1650 litres. That fits with experience much better, even if it's not so good for willy-waving.

Thought I'd better 'fess up here.

MP.

That's so sad, MPapa, I feel for you. I have only 580lts and no willy to wave about even a little. Does that mean I'm not a real boater?

That's so sad, MPapa, I feel for you. I have only 580lts and no willy to wave about even a little. Does that mean I'm not a real boater?

I think willy waving is for real boaters who can manage on 2 buckby cans a day :lol:

.... how do you know ?

Nick

Have you seen his typing and punctuation?!

I think willy waving is for real boaters who can manage on 2 buckby cans a day :lol:

Enough to wash it but not enough room left for a towel then!

(Incidentally, I am reminded of something my East End Grandma once told me after one or ten too many port and lemons ..

"Y'know you've got yerself a gentleman when 'e don't wipe 'is dick on the curtins"

Can't help feeling that maybe her standards weren't high enough really. My mum says she was a disgrace, but I liked her.)

Still, back to the water cans. Didn't real boaters only have the one?