What is going to happen to 'poor' Ed Rimmer?

PaddingtonBear

Featured Posts

I too found the link to the Insolvency Service didn't work at first but now it does.

I sold one of the boats mentioned in the summary recently - the hapless owners had to spend thousands of pounds in legal fees establishing their title. Two other parties who had paid for the same boat went penniless it seems as their claims were "inferior".

I didn't ever get to meet Ed Rimmer, but his behaviour is repulsive. He cared not one jot about stealing people's money, and not one jot about the circumstances he left them in. Why he has not been prosecuted for fraud suggests a massive failing on the part of the police and the Crown Prosecution Service. His stunt with the boat I sold was to sell it each time and, according to the owners, change a couple of letters/numbers in the HIN No. on each Bill of Sale. They added that the police response to this was that as the boat could not demonstrated to be the same one on each transaction, they could not pursue the case. You might think that the police would have asked Rimmer where the boat with the actual HIN No he had put on the Bill of Sale was (as it didn't exist, of course).

I sincerely hope that the claimants, who I believe put together a class action to get to this stage with the Insolvency Service, now go back to the police. And if the police fail to act, then they take their complaint to the IPCC.

People like this deserve more than being barred from directorship. A lot more.

I too found the link to the Insolvency Service didn't work at first but now it does.

I sold one of the boats mentioned in the summary recently - the hapless owners had to spend thousands of pounds in legal fees establishing their title. Two other parties who had paid for the same boat went penniless it seems as their claims were "inferior".

I didn't ever get to meet Ed Rimmer, but his behaviour is repulsive. He cared not one jot about stealing people's money, and not one jot about the circumstances he left them in. Why he has not been prosecuted for fraud suggests a massive failing on the part of the police and the Crown Prosecution Service. His stunt with the boat I sold was to sell it each time and, according to the owners, change a couple of letters/numbers in the HIN No. on each Bill of Sale. They added that the police response to this was that as the boat could not demonstrated to be the same one on each transaction, they could not pursue the case. You might think that the police would have asked Rimmer where the boat with the actual HIN No he had put on the Bill of Sale was (as it didn't exist, of course).

I sincerely hope that the claimants, who I believe put together a class action to get to this stage with the Insolvency Service, now go back to the police. And if the police fail to act, then they take their complaint to the IPCC.

I have some faith in Mick Norris, who has been relentlessly attempting to get the police involved. I suspect many would have given up by now but Nick has carried on. Obviously, the reasons behind the barring of Ed Rimmer from directorship for 10 years gives a powerful boost to prosecution. My understanding is that Nick met with the police about a week ago and the meeting was very positive. What it needs is for more people to come forward and support him.

Mrs T (aka SWMBO) writes:

They survive as people foolishly go back to dealing with them. I am a former director of a company which my brother still owns (having retired early). We carried out regular industry credit checks on our customers and if one did go bust on us, no way would we ever deal with them again (suppliers to the construction industry which has its own rogues gallery). As I oversaw credit control, I would talk to our competitors as small companies tend to work together to ensure their survival. Word soon got round. I have no idea why this doesn't seem to be the case in the NB world, but I am happy for someone to correct me.

I was CoSec of a limited company - the law is an ass - had I been so inclined I could have done a Rimmer. Disqualifying him as a director for 10 years doesn't solve the problem; it is easy to find someone else to front a limited company. Prison - everything done for you, no creditors can get near. Face in the local rag; has no effect on such brazen repeat offenders.

I know what I would like to do with such people but I will get Mr T barred from this forum if I express my feelings.

Having "worked" for him a long time ago

Nothing surprises me ........

Chris

Black Prince in its first invocation?

Was it a coincidence? One has to wonder why he often chose 'dark' or 'shady' names - 'Challenger Stealth Hire' being a good example.

Having said that, on the one occasion that I met him and his family they all seemed extremely plausible and, even, quite likeable . . .

Was it a coincidence? One has to wonder why he often chose 'dark' or 'shady' names - 'Challenger Stealth Hire' being a good example.

Having said that, on the one occasion that I met him and his family they all seemed extremely plausible and, even, quite likeable . . .

Yes in BP 1 !!!! ( oh that was a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago )

I did have a "falling out" with him however which curtailed that avenue of employment LOL

C

Maybe he identifies to some degree with Edward, Prince of Wales, 'The Black Prince'.

Man of War

:lol:

Tim