Ice reports for Ashby, Coventry and North Oxford please

Featured Posts

Does any body know the current state of play on the above stretches.

Due to pick up Moira from Stoke Golding on Saturday (6th) and wondered what the sate of play currently is given we seem to be getting very cold temps again after the last thaw.

Appreciate there is a reasonable amount of time for a thaw if there are any frozen spots/sections (equally depending on the weather there's a chance it will be worse.. :lol: )

Any update welcome.

Going to ring the yard later in the week but appreciate they might not be aware of how things are further away from the Ashby itself.

Due to pick up Moira from Stoke Golding on Saturday (6th) and wondered what the sate of play currently is given we seem to be getting very cold temps again after the last thaw.

Appreciate there is a reasonable amount of time for a thaw if there are any frozen spots/sections (equally depending on the weather there's a chance it will be worse.. :lol: )

Any update welcome.

Going to ring the yard later in the week but appreciate they might not be aware of how things are further away from the Ashby itself.

We travelled up from Banbury to Clattercote yesterday and there was reasonably constant ice between Banbury and Cropredy of between about half an inch and an inch. Above Cropredy it cleared substantially and we had the odd 1/4 mile stretch with no ice at all which struck me as odd as there seemed to be no rhyme nor reason to which bits were iced and which not.

I cannot see it will have improved any today as it is no warner out there to day and we had a heavy frost first thing.

I will walk over the canal bridge in Banbury later (on my way to the pub!) and report back on the current state of play.

I don't know the condition of the Ashby but the Oxford Canal at Napton was frozen over and getting thicker over the weekend. However boats were still traveling.

Hillmorton Locks have light ice and boats still passing through today

Any update welcome.

Looking at http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days....ipcode=daventry

it looks quite hopefull

Thanks for the updates folks-

looks as though we may be OK,

if, after pick up we do get iced in however it will give us little bit of a flavour of what some of you on here have had to put up with on and off since before xmas, and really bed in if long term boating is for us, including over winter.

Any updates up to this Sat however still appreciated.