Online licence renewal

Richard Fairhurst

Featured Posts

Just noticed that Waterscape's online renewal system has quietly appeared - thought I'd point it out as there was some conversation about buying licences online recently.

It's at www.waterscape.com/renewal .

Richard (no longer connected with the site but delighted they've got it done)

If your club, marina or canal society handles licences, they get a commission from BW on every licence they sell. The licence costs the same to the boater, all the usual methods of payment are usually available, e.g. credit/debit cards, direct debit, cheque, etc., even cash! I imagine, many clubs are like ours and enjoy a small but vital income from these sort of sales. All this will be lost if we all go on-line to renew. In our case the money is used to provide/maintain better mooring facilities at our base.

Just something to bear in mind before rushing into the tempting easy technological facility.

Tony :)

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

good grief i dont believe it.

just got my mooring renewal documents through the post also a letter telling me that my licence has not been done because the card was rejected.

been to the bank and asked what the f*** is going on as on the 8 sept i was told by them ample,more than enough funds are available to pay the debits bw would ask for later that day,money was and still is in the bank from 8 sept until now.

the card is a debit card and i understood from my contact with bw on the 8 sept that the payment has been accepted and debited from my account instantly as would be normal,not the case apparently.

the date on the invoice for my mooring payment-tax point 14 sept 2006.

i have phoned bw now and been told the person in charge of my payment scenario is out on training,well that should help.

what now worries me is have i lost the right to my prompt payment discount?

if she does phone me back today and i give my debit card details will she be able to debit today before the deadline or will bw system of taking payment take me past the deadline.

i am just glad i did not overdo the praise of the lovely jenny in my previous post,i told her on 8 september she was a genious and i would give her a mention in despatches to headqaurters.

good grief i dont believe it.

just got my mooring renewal documents through the post also a letter telling me that my licence has not been done because the card was rejected.

been to the bank and asked what the f*** is going on as on the 8 sept i was told by them ample,more than enough funds are available to pay the debits bw would ask for later that day,money was and still is in the bank from 8 sept until now.

the card is a debit card and i understood from my contact with bw on the 8 sept that the payment has been accepted and debited from my account instantly as would be normal,not the case apparently.

the date on the invoice for my mooring payment-tax point 14 sept 2006.

i have phoned bw now and been told the person in charge of my payment scenario is out on training,well that should help.

what now worries me is have i lost the right to my prompt payment discount?

if she does phone me back today and i give my debit card details will she be able to debit today before the deadline or will bw system of taking payment take me past the deadline.

i am just glad i did not overdo the praise of the lovely jenny in my previous post,i told her on 8 september she was a genious and i would give her a mention in despatches to headqaurters.

Hi Gaggle,

I too have just recieved my mooring renewal form for the end of October from BW and because it is a Direct Debit for the prompt payment, I do not need to do anything unless I wish to change anything.

The mooring renewal will be dealt with automaticlly and the cash transfer from my bank on the 1st Nov. The new mooring permit will be with me before the end of October, to allow me to change to the new permit from 1st Nov.

M&P.

it is the first time i have had to do a renewal on licence or mooring as i am a newbie so to speak,i will more than likely change to the direct debit way ready for next year.

bw have been in touch to try and resolve my prob.cheers

I have got an idea, we could fill in a form write out a cheque and send both to BW. A bit revolutionary I know but it might work.

Steady on there! :(

Although i have to admit im all in favour of the online stuff.

- I conduct a lot of my life on or around a computer, and it can be a real pain when somthing as simple as renewing a licence requires use of snail mail.

Now that im at universty, i increasingly find that most of things i want at uni get posted home, and most of the stuff i need at home winds up universty. Even though i specificaly told them i was leaving halls of resdence that week, for good, and so it needed to be sent home!

- And thats all just increased by 10fold for some one who lives aboard, espcially if they dont have access to a car.

Daniel

I tried renewing online but it didn't work. Seems like BW are having teething problems with the system.

I must have been lucky back in June then.

Worked perfectly, and saved me the cost of a stamp.

I think there are many areas where BW still need to get their act together, (and one or two where they are frankly shambolic!), but I personally have had no issues around the licencing process since we bought the boat.

All processing has been very quick, too.