Newbies

Thesearchers

Featured Posts

Hi Everyone, my partner and I are new to forums and are still finding our way around. We are looking to get a boat and trying to find out as much info as we can. We are going around 'kicking tyres' but there doesnt seem to be many tyres on boats! Will probably have a boat load of questions later but thought we would introduce ourselves first.

Welcome and happy hunting.

Be sure to look around as many different styles and layout of craft that you can find. This will give you a good idea of what will and wont work for you. Also when you think you have found what you like, try and find a hire boat with the same/similar features and hire it for a week or longer. This gives you the chance to see if it really will work for you. Another tip hire in the winter as well :lol:

only ever had tyres when down the Nene kept the boat away from the low level chains in the locks!!

Particularly Abington Lock. For those who don't know, the walls are concrete with a vertical 3/4 inch corrugated texture. I don't care what your boat is made of - it's savage stuff.

Mind you, it probably won the designer an award.

cheers

nigel

Edit: I'm so sorry, I completely forgot to say welcome to the forum.

Edited by capnthommo

Hi there

welcome to the forum.

the info and advice on here, has got us through the buying process and one year later after buying a boat,we are loving it.

thank you all long may it continue

col

Hi Everyone, my partner and I are new to forums and are still finding our way around. We are looking to get a boat and trying to find out as much info as we can. We are going around 'kicking tyres' but there doesnt seem to be many tyres on boats! Will probably have a boat load of questions later but thought we would introduce ourselves first.

Welcome-If there is ANYTHING u would like to know it is with the greatest of pleasure -I can fill u in-as I am a "an NQT" of canal boating but seen "interesting" aspects of living on the canals-u can PM me if u desire. :lol:

Edited by boatbot