East West Marine

jonk

Featured Posts

42 minutes ago, ianali said:

I think many so called budget priced boats are resold a few years after build for close to their new build price. I guess there original cost leaves them very little room to reduce. On the subject of foreign built narrowboats I just think many refuse to believe boats built outside of England can be any good. It's something I grew up with in the 70s/80s with motorcycles. Head in sand comes to mind. 

BBBBut I thought that, like a car, it loses 20% [vat] as soon as it is sold, so if they are maintaining their price, they  must,  could be reasonable quality and must be good value at new price.

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

B, but if the boats are non compliant [not sure what reasons, maybe BSCC], why would they get a licence of any sort?

Update: you mean they are not cc ing?

CCers who come to CRT's attention for not moving enough are refused another 12 month licence, but given a 6 month licence during which time they have to show they are moving enough to satisfy the requirements, otherwise CRT will start enforcement proceedings.

Edited by David Mack

9 hours ago, WotEver said:

28k for an 11 year old 39ft boat?  London prices I think. 

It's good to read that the roof also comes with it... ;)

I wondered what you meant, 

"YANMAR 3 cylinder diesel engine with 110 engine hours, spare toilet casssete, new 5x exide dual 80AH 12volt 12v marine leisure battery’s recharged via 2x 175watt 12volt monocrystalline solar panels (located on the roof which also comes with Jambo)"

as far as I can see, I have omitted a roof from my list of "must haves"

anyway, I can't see it going for much less than 26K, unless it is galvanised to the mooring,

I suspect the batteries would be staggering in the non solar seasons.

As they probably do less than 20 mpa, perhaps they have a mooring.

Edited by LadyG