Exceeding your monthly GB allowance

Featured Posts

Does anybody on Orange pay monthly care to advise what happens when you approach or exceed your monthly GB allowance when using your phone for internet browsing either on it's own or as a tethered modem.

This is of course for anybody not on an unlimited plan.

Do you get a text or any sort of message alert from Orange or do they kindly allow you drift into 'off bundle' usage at a £1 per GB, with you only finding you've done this when you get your bill. :lol:

Cheers all.

Does anybody on Orange pay monthly care to advise what happens when you approach or exceed your monthly GB allowance when using your phone for internet browsing either on it's own or as a tethered modem.

Do you get a text or any sort of message alert from Orange or do they kindly allow you drift into 'off bundle' usage at a £1 per GB, with you only finding you've done this when you get your bill. :lol:

Cheers all.

Hi

I've just got a deal of 'sim only' which allows me 300 minutes - 5 hours.

I have found that I can check and reset the phones timer by going into - log/call duration/dialled numbers.

I check that I have not gone over my 300minutes throughout the month and reset it at the start of the month by typing 1-2-3-4-5 on the key pad.

It should be possible to check usage on your phone.

Alex

Dunno about orange but Three will let you run up £50 before cutting you off.

They do send you texts but if you are using the dongle in a router you cant get the texts.

We had them reduce the credit allowed to nil & upgraded to a larger allowance.

Cheers all.

I dont know I just pay the bill didnt know otherwise is there a surcharge for using too much, I,ll post a bill and you can analyse it for me I am too lazy too scrutinise these things so i may be paying over the odds. :lol::lol:

Hi

On Orange 'dongle', went over last month first I knew was the bill.

Monthly, 3Gb allowance.

If using a phone then somewhere in the 'settings' there is 'cost and time' or similar that can be reset, as Steelaway said, different phones, different buttons.

I been with orange for ages mobile phone and landline one thing that i have learnt they never let you know you gone over your limit, as they like people like that cos thats how they make money. just keep an eye on it.

I dont know I just pay the bill didnt know otherwise is there a surcharge for using too much, I,ll post a bill and you can analyse it for me I am too lazy too scrutinise these things so i may be paying over the odds. :lol::lol:

Thanks and while you are in put up your credit and debit card details and I'll have the full set. :lol:

I been with orange for ages mobile phone and landline one thing that i have learnt they never let you know you gone over your limit, as they like people like that cos thats how they make money. just keep an eye on it.

Thanks and thanks to others for the sensible replies.

I thought this might be the case. The query is related to a phone purchase as an xmas present that will benefit from being connected to the t'internet. The person it is being bought for doesn't do 'detail' (and unable to keep an eye on it) and my question was about me deciding which internet browsing bundle I connect them to.

It's Unlimited them, thanks all.

Edited by MJG

Thanks and while you are in put up your credit and debit card details and I'll have the full set. :lol:

Thanks and thanks to others for the sensible replies.

I thought this might be the case. The query is related to a phone purchase as an xmas present that will benefit from being connected to the t'internet. The person it is being bought for doesn't do 'detail' (and unable to keep an eye on it) and my question was about me deciding which internet browsing bundle I connect them to.

It's Unlimited them, thanks all.

you have to watch that to as there unlimited isnt they have a fair use policy which limits it.

i take back what i said about there no way you can keep an eye on it just found this http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/mobile-broad...d-faqs#WhatElse

the connection manager keeps track on your usage

you have to watch that to as there unlimited isnt they have a fair use policy which limits it.

Cheers, yes I'd clocked that - all (most :lol: ) ISP's do now but thanks for the reminder.

i take back what i said about there no way you can keep an eye on it just found this http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/mobile-broad...d-faqs#WhatElse

the connection manager keeps track on your usage

Cheers I'll have a skeggy...

Watch out for O2 - their £15 per month for 3GB allowance has a huge charge if you go over - something like £3 per MEGABYTE !

Cheers nasty indeed,

My query was about Orange but thanks for the heads up.