No water

Rebsy

Featured Posts

Do you have any pipes which could be exposed to the cold outside? It may be easy to get to the tank to see if the pipe which leaves the tank has a tap. You could see if this is froze, though I wouldn't expect it to be.

Edited, you could also take the in pipe off the pump, see if water flowing there. More likely to be a faulty pump, possibly making right noises but not pumping.

Edited by casper ghost

hi there

you might have a filter between the tank and the pump that is blocked or as i have had the pipe fitting out of the tank that is welded into the front of my boat had rusted up blocking the flow of water to the pump.

Try disconecting the pipe feeding the pump to see if water is coming out of your tank

I'm not using my water system at all for the simple reason the tank is filled at the bow and could well be semi frozen water. Internally I use the fire quite often so I think my pump and plumbing is O.K. However, the fact the canal is a bed of ice tempts me to just use buckets of water for the time being and I don't try and run my pumps. There is a chance the pump could be trying to suck bits of ice from the tank itself and this may not be such a good idea. I suppose it depends how exposed the water tank is to that cold ice on the canal.

I'm not using my water system at all for the simple reason the tank is filled at the bow and could well be semi frozen water. Internally I use the fire quite often so I think my pump and plumbing is O.K. However, the fact the canal is a bed of ice tempts me to just use buckets of water for the time being and I don't try and run my pumps. There is a chance the pump could be trying to suck bits of ice from the tank itself and this may not be such a good idea. I suppose it depends how exposed the water tank is to that cold ice on the canal.

If the tank is an integral one then there is a very good chance its full of ice crystals and not liquid, after all there is only a sheet of steel between the tank and the ice on the canal

All external hoses are off due to the ice so I can only fill the tank by bucket for now. I just try to get the inside of the boat warm for now to protect the pump.

If the tank is an integral one then there is a very good chance its full of ice crystals and not liquid, after all there is only a sheet of steel between the tank and the ice on the canal

The advice on this forum has always been helpful for a new boater such as myself.

This morning we have no water. Guessing pipes are frozen? Is this a common problem?? Inside of boat is nice and warm.

I see no reason why water in the tank/pipes couldn't be frozen. I defied all logic last year by having my gas pipes freeze over. Obviously there was some moisture trapped in there along the way? Quite frustrating but thankfully the big freeze wasn't quite so frozen then. Fingers crossed it hasn't happened this year and I'm still 'cooking with gas'.

I must say I am amazed if the water in your tank or pipes are frozen, I have done 3 winters this is my fourth and have never had this problem and this is not yet the coldest winter last Jan/Feb on the Llangollen was colder. The only major problem I have had before is the water points freezing up.

I see no reason why water in the tank/pipes couldn't be frozen. I defied all logic last year by having my gas pipes freeze over. Obviously there was some moisture trapped in there along the way? Quite frustrating but thankfully the big freeze wasn't quite so frozen then. Fingers crossed it hasn't happened this year and I'm still 'cooking with gas'.

Gas freezing I had last year mainly at the thingy on top of the gas bottle.