Goverment and BW

Kez

Featured Posts

I emailed the conservative rep. for Daventry, passing on that people were worried by the goverment cocking up and he says:

"I guess I could state the obvious - that this government hasn't a clue and as someone once said: "knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing!"

I can also offer you (and British Waterways) my support. Obviously in these tight financial times I do understand some things have to be cut and I think British Waterways has plans that are worth examining.

The final thing I think I can offer is just general support and advice. If you know people who have questions or worries, could you pass on my details to them. I might not know the answers, but I could ask someone who will and it will also be useful to have a feel of general opinion."

so here is a clicky for his web page which has his email and address.

Try to not to get overwrought with him; he is on our side, and doing his best! :lol:

Better than nothing :lol: He has contacts...

And if we can give him enough ammo, who knows?

What contacts??

The only contacts that matter would be those that influence the incumbent government.

The only difference between the NooLabour selling off BW and what the tories would do is that the tories would have better lined pockets, after the event.

I emailed the conservative rep. for Daventry, passing on that people were worried by the goverment cocking up and he says:

"I guess I could state the obvious - that this government hasn't a clue and as someone once said: "knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing!"

I can also offer you (and British Waterways) my support. Obviously in these tight financial times I do understand some things have to be cut and I think British Waterways has plans that are worth examining.

The final thing I think I can offer is just general support and advice. If you know people who have questions or worries, could you pass on my details to them. I might not know the answers, but I could ask someone who will and it will also be useful to have a feel of general opinion."

so here is a clicky for his web page which has his email and address.

Try to not to get overwrought with him; he is on our side, and doing his best! :lol:

He has yet to be elected as an Member of Parliament - although unless there is a major disaster the outcome of the next election (even without the county community that have been split off to form the new Northamptonshire South constituency) will probably be in his favour . . .

Is Tim Boswell retiring, then?

I can't really see a Tory Euro-mp carrying much clout.

Yes - sadly he has announced that he will not stand again now that his old Daventry constituency has been split up into (new) Daventry and Northamptonshire South.

Putting party politics aside, Tim Boswell has been a real gentleman. He was one of the very few that did not claim excessive expenses and he intervened on a personal basis to help me sort out a difficulty I had with Customs & Revenue. In the latter case we were ultimately successful but he did have to write three separate letters and follow them up with reminders.

What may be concentrating the Daventry Candidate's mind is that Daventry is putting a lot of faith in a new branch off the Grand Union to give it a shot in the arm (if you'll pardon the expression). It will not go down too well if that scheme is strangled at birth with a BW sell off

Yes - sadly he has announced that he will not stand again now that his old Daventry constituency has been split up into (new) Daventry and Northamptonshire South.

Putting party politics aside, Tim Boswell has been a real gentleman. He was one of the very few that did not claim excessive expenses and he intervened on a personal basis to help me sort out a difficulty I had with Customs & Revenue. In the latter case we were ultimately successful but he did have to write three separate letters and follow them up with reminders.

interesting point here that people tend to overlook, not that i am suggesting anyone here does but i though it worth restating. MPs are elected to represent their constituents regardless of their party allegiance, so they have a duty and cannot afford to ignore requests for assistance regardless of whether the requester is a supporter.

always something to be borne in mind. as you might say "We pay their wages, we do!".

anyway, just hope all this trouble goes away, but i fear it will come to a fight and i only hope the waterways win. and is anybody considering - cyclists, walkers, fisher-folk, dog walkers, boaters, canalside residents and business - we are all waterways users. so let's all pull together, forget any differences we may think we have just for the moment.

just a few monday morning not really thinking yet type of thoughts so please forgive.

cheers all

nigel