Boat Builder

PaulaJ

Featured Posts

Excellent news Paula, welcome back and let's hope that your boat is all that you want her to be.

Just one question: in your earlier piosts you mentioned that you had been offered a build slot in May 2010 by Orchard; what caused the delay? Were you shopping around for s/ hand boats but did not find one which you liked?

Hi Athy

I was offered a build slot in May 2010 but with this nightmare economy it took till January 2012 to sell the house! Two failed sales in 2011 before I finally struck it 'third time lucky'. I kept my builder fully appraised throughout all my trials and tribulations so that when the sale eventually went through he was ready to jump straight onto my build as quickly as possible. Just the galley left to be fitted which is to be done at the end of the month so hope to move on on the 1st of April (and no, I'm not bothered that that's April Fools Day, I'm not superstitious - I sold my house on a Friday the 13th!)

Can't wait!

Hi Paula, welcome to the boating world finally. Having now lived on my Liverpool Boats built widebeam for over 7 years, I hope you will be as happy with yours as we have been.

Look forward to more of your posts, :)

Roger

Thanks for the warm welcome Roger

Hi Athy

I was offered a build slot in May 2010 but with this nightmare economy it took till January 2012 to sell the house! Two failed sales in 2011 before I finally struck it 'third time lucky'. I kept my builder fully appraised throughout all my trials and tribulations so that when the sale eventually went through he was ready to jump straight onto my build as quickly as possible. Just the galley left to be fitted which is to be done at the end of the month so hope to move on on the 1st of April (and no, I'm not bothered that that's April Fools Day, I'm not superstitious - I sold my house on a Friday the 13th!)

Ah I see, I had not realised that your boat purchase was dependent on selling your house.

I am not especially superstitious, but when I got married I turned down the 1st of April and chose the 2nd instead, as we didn't want to get married on April Fools' Day. However, a year later I was offered (and accepted) a new and better job on April Fools' Day!

Ah I see, I had not realised that your boat purchase was dependent on selling your house.

I am not especially superstitious, but when I got married I turned down the 1st of April and chose the 2nd instead, as we didn't want to get married on April Fools' Day. However, a year later I was offered (and accepted) a new and better job on April Fools' Day!

Paula, congrats. Oh and I think what a great name, make sure you catch all your dreams won't you