Hello, new to the forum and i have a question.....

Eddie

Featured Posts

are there lower age limits in other countries?

Not sure, possably.

- But as liam says, for the cost/effort of geting out there, it may not be worth it.

- Plus all the peeps in all the pubs etc will be... ...foreign!!

- And theres not where in the world with canals like ours.

Daniel

- Plus all the peeps in all the pubs etc will be...  ...foreign!!

32091[/snapback]

yeah so? I don't have a problem with foreign people.

And theres not where in the world with canals like ours.

That may be true but, if i can't boat here then, i'd have to look for other alternatives

Ed

Edited by Eddie

T'is a shame there's more of us younger folk with some brains - me included! :lol:

But yeah, Eddie, you obviously know and understand, even if you don't agree with the fact that you won't be boating with your mates until your 21, or maybe 18, so you have to look at other alternatives. Maybe the French canals?

You'll have to look into it more than you would if you were boating on the english canals, start by finding out the age requirements, then look at different routes etc because you will want to know where you're going.

If you have no look abroad aswell, well I think you're pretty well stumped and will have to look into another form of celebratory party.

Hi Ed,

As others have said, there needs to be someone in the party to can legally take responsibility for the boat, and in order to do that it is almost certain you need to be a legal adult. I'm sure you and your friends are responsible, but given some of the 16 year olds I have seen, there is a definate need for this rule!

I don't know about overseas, but imagine they will be the same. If anything, the Norfolk Broads will have higher requirements because of the amount of traffic, tidal waters and the size of the boat (even if they are plastic!).

I think the only option is to take someone over 18 with you... sorry :smiley_offtopic:

Jon