led bulbs on offer

gaggle

Featured Posts

Bought 3 to try out.

(they dint have many of each type)

The fitting originally had 50w halogen, then went to 7w low energy, now have 1w LED. Each time the amount of light has gone down but its still enough (just with 3 x 1w LED so might add more). The light is in a narrower beam & a bluey white colour.

Justme

Edited by Justme

The kids run the telly on a little maplins inverter and if too many lights got switched on while the telly was on the inverter would start to beep , me lad said it did not happen once the leds were put in.

I bought an led alternative to a 10w halogen a few days ago (not from Lidl) and, just as expected, the light output is c**p. I have tried one or two over the last couple of years and I had hoped that they would have improved.

This time I finally realized why it only uses 10% of the power of the 10w halogen bulb. It's because it only produces 10% of the light.

I am keeping it as a sort of safety light, and I suspect it costs less to run than those small candles that come in an aluminium base. And its safer than a candle.

But they have a long way to go on both performance and price before they will be real alternatives to conventional lamps.

I bought an led alternative to a 10w halogen a few days ago (not from Lidl) and, just as expected, the light output is c**p. I have tried one or two over the last couple of years and I had hoped that they would have improved.

This time I finally realized why it only uses 10% of the power of the 10w halogen bulb. It's because it only produces 10% of the light.

I am keeping it as a sort of safety light, and I suspect it costs less to run than those small candles that come in an aluminium base. And its safer than a candle.

But they have a long way to go on both performance and price before they will be real alternatives to conventional lamps.

I just got a couple from Lidl,I also had one I got about 6months ago. The colour of the new ones is much better, the original was too blue. After a bit of experimenting last night, I decided that they were hopeless for lighting in a boat except possibly in an emergency situation.

However, I did a few tests with them outside and they are excellent for illuminating dark paths and steps. Being 12v there are less issues with electricity outside in the damp. The 60 LED worklight that Lidl were selling for £10 a while ago, is much more impressive and is a must in any engine room- runs for a couple of hours on its internal batteries and can be charged from 12v or included mains PSU.

Bill

I just got a couple from Lidl,I also had one I got about 6months ago. The colour of the new ones is much better, the original was too blue. After a bit of experimenting last night, I decided that they were hopeless for lighting in a boat except possibly in an emergency situation.

However, I did a few tests with them outside and they are excellent for illuminating dark paths and steps. Being 12v there are less issues with electricity outside in the damp. The 60 LED worklight that Lidl were selling for £10 a while ago, is much more impressive and is a must in any engine room- runs for a couple of hours on its internal batteries and can be charged from 12v or included mains PSU.Bill

Is it possible for you to post the wording ect on your charger for the led light as mine has been put amongst several other chargers and i am stuck to know which one is which.cheers

They are 240v ac not 12v dc

Funny how they lit up when connected to a 12v battery then? ( They are labelled MR16 12vac - I have no use for 240v LEDS)

They must have some extra circuitry in them to make them work off AC(bridge rectifier?), though it does mean that they are not polarity conscious on DC.

Is it possible for you to post the wording ect on your charger for the led light as mine has been put amongst several other chargers and i am stuck to know which one is which.cheers

From memory it's a 9v one about 200mA I think. I did , by mistake do the same as you and mix them up , using a 12v one, there appeared to be no ill effects. The 12v lead from car/boat supplied, gives the lamp 12v anyway

Every time I buy something with a charger, I get out the Brother label maker and put a label on the charger unit. I also labelled all the peripheral plugs connected to this computer. Sad EH? But its much easier when scrabbling round behind it to unplug the (E.G.) printer.

Mike

yes so do i but i have seven children who have several phones ,toys ,laptops ,mp3s, model cars ,radios ect each and they think its ok to unlabel stuff , usb cables i also label but if a camera cable fits a phone , it sprouts legs and walks.

Them who no longer live here feel when they call that what is mine is also there,s.

Edited by gaggle

LIDL but not lights.

they have a tarp sheet tomorrow for 7 quid , can anyone say if these tarps are ok to cover/ tie down over stuff on roof , what quality ect , i only have text email not a flyer to see them .

Edited by gaggle

LIDL but not lights.

they have a tarp sheet tomorrow for 7 quid , can anyone say if these tarps are ok to cover/ tie down over stuff on roof , what quality ect , i only have text email not a flyer to see them .

Can only find one from Thursday, not tomorrow, and at £7.99

That one is 5 metres by 4 metes, so unfolded would not only go across your roof but down both cabin sides too, I think.

The trouble with these eyeleted sheets is that it'd not easy to secure them if you use them folded, to reduce the area coverred, (unless you can bungee over, perhaps ?).

It looks fairly low quality, and similar can be had in Wilko, Wickes etc for same kind of price. They eventually degrade in sunlight and fall apart. One on a leaking shed roof has lasted me about 2 years until it turned into a mass of fragments almost overnight. (Did I repair the roof - no I bought another!).