Canal Web Cams

weeble

Featured Posts

I've been to the lift at Anderton and the Falkirk wheel and they're just as good in their own ways! (they're both amazing)

Yeah, the anderton boat lift is only about 25min from our house and 10mins for my school, so i watch it being renovated quite closely, and ive been on it in emilyanne (no photos thou :))

- I've never been to the falkirk wheel, hopefully my grandads friend will go on it again soon, and i will be able to go in with him. (in his steam launch)

Daniel

• 1 month later...

06.10.05-20:52:43kirsty_jacksion.GIFI know it's a bit :D BUT

i think that the best webcam was in America, Jackson hole (we went there when it was snowy in feb to ski and in the summer) and I stood infront of this arch made on antlers :please see webcam link and was on the phone to my brother in Dorset in England who logged on and could see me waving . . . he was looking at me from bloomin miles away :D

http://www.jacksonhole-skiing.com/media_ce...e_sw_webcam.php (We did this when there was snow there!!!!)

(and there is a boat in the panama canal lock now!)

Edited by Sam

sorry guys - the picture is WAY TO BIG but i can't edit my post!

----> FIXED it now . . sorry for being a bit off topic . .. i had to share the love :D (figure of speach)

Edited by Sam

The closest Webcam I get around my neck of the woods is the Lymm Village Webcam..although it's pointing at the 'cross' in the middle of the village, and not at the cut, I have seen familiar faces walk by, and it gives great info about what's going on. The site also has good pics of the canal and surrounding area....

15047[/snapback]

Damn, that's another place I'll have to wear my cunning disguise. Seriously, though, what about the idea that citizens should be able to go about their lawful business without interference from others. I don't like the idea that Uncle Tom Cobbley and all can find out that I am in such-and-such a place by looking at some webcam that I have no say in whether it's there or not. At least with street cctv it's only the police who are meant to see it. And they arre fairly obvious to spot (at least if you've got eyes that work), unlike webcams which it's easy to hide , oops sorry, I meant to say " make inconspicuous" I believe that's the description used to reassure those of nervous disposition.

Do thers webcams have any notices up nearby letting people know that they are there? (like businesses have to do for their CCTV systems)

Ok it may be quite fun to see what's going on at the locks - you're pretty much in the public view there anyway, with all the gongoozlers, but in the middle of some village...? Seems like you can't go anywhere these days without someone finding out exactly what you're up to. :D:D

Do thers webcams have any notices up nearby letting people know that they are there? (like businesses have to do for their CCTV systems)

Thats acutally a good point.

- I doubt the do have signs, and even if the the have a "cctv surveillance in operation" sign, thats not that as "webcam, broadcasting your every move to the whole world"

- Im sure theres got to be some thing covering this? persoal rights act, or somthing?

Daniel

Thats acutally a good point.

- I doubt the do have signs, and even if the the have a "cctv surveillance in operation" sign, thats not that as "webcam, broadcasting your every move to the whole world"

- Im sure theres got to be some thing covering this? persoal rights act, or somthing?

Daniel

22736[/snapback]

Exactly. At least if you see someone about to take a photo of you, and you don't want them to, you can put your hand over your face or something, but "Smile please, you're on Candid Webcam", no, I don't think you would even know it was happening most of the time.

Have a look at lymm now (13.53 hrs) some sort of protestBig-Thumbs-Up.gif

22738[/snapback]

What's on tells me its the May Queen festival LOL

But why o why did I get umpteen windows of the damn thing until I started shutting a few. my computer nearlt had a paroxism :D

whats everyone doing that it is secret.surely nobody is doing things in public veiw that is best kept private or is wished to be kept private anyway.meself i love camera,s.

22758[/snapback]

well there is a certain person that has access to the internet, that I wouldn't them like to find out where I am. Someone who is too nosey by half but at least now I have moved house twice, they don't know where I live.

if you have to be on the move nich my boat will be ready soon just say the word,continuous cruising sounds like what you need :D

22969[/snapback]

thanks but no thanks. 7 kids, eh? done my bit for the perpetuation of the human race, see no need to help someone else with their own LOL

I'll cruise my own boat when I get it, just me and the dog. Keep it simple. :D

sorry :D

Edited by nichimyo