National Rally, Preston Brook.

Featured Posts

Spent the day there yesterday setting things up. Those who are looking to buy a boat should not miss it, there are a dozen or more 'out of the water' demonstration boats, some makes I have never heard of.

Concentrate on your route when going home the road system around the 'new town' of Runcorn is a product of a diseased brain.

Just back from the first day.

Went by bike - waved past the car park towrds the VIP car park, directed to a bit of hard road reserved for motor bikes right by the entrance, niiiice.

Not at all busy, had plenty of time to look round some boats with next to no queue. Some strange things going on in the arena in the name of entertainment - avoided it as much as possible, but an over-enthusiastic PA system meant it wasn't totally successful.

Guys on the Northwich Boats (AKA Elton Moss Boatbuilders) very helpful - Liverpool boats staff more interested in chatting to their passing cronies than helping prospective customers - what does that tell you.

Interesting to see Saturn the "restored" shroppie fly boat. How can they call this a restoration? It seems there is a few bits of bent iron ribs from the original, the rest is all new. Should be called a replica rather than a restoration (and it cost ~£80,000 to do!).

All the usual side stalls there, much as there was at Crick.

A good day and worth a day out. Weather good for Sunday, a bit more doubtful for Monday.

Just got back from a fortnight away (arrived back about 1:30 tonight)

- Going stright there first thing tomorrow.

- The boats about 30mins walk away, apprently.

Anyway, must get some sleep done!

Daniel

last year there was a stall selling tubes and tins of stuff for cleaning brass , that put a protective film on it can anyone there get me a phone number for them if they are there this year please.

28936[/snapback]

Richard, I am steering the day boat the festival are using today and tomorrow so if I get a chance to actually go the the festival tomorrow I will look out for it for you.

Just got back from a fortnight away (arrived back about 1:30 tonight)

- Going stright there first thing tomorrow.

- The boats about 30mins walk away, apprently.

Anyway, must get some sleep done!

Daniel

28933[/snapback]

Hi Richard,

I think the company your looking for can be found at www.miracleleisureproducts.co.uk

Regards Bernard.

Hi Richard,

I think the company your looking for can be found at www.miracleleisureproducts.co.uk

Regards Bernard.

Yeah, thats the one.

- they where at the show, not that i bought anything there.

It was a good event, we did a varity of craft workshops between the six of us, had a look around some of the new boats with the fancy new interiers, talked for a long time to the people of presedent (mainly about coal!) and loads of other stuff.

- weather was on the whole good, although it did rain this morning (while i was doing a workshop)

oh, and "we" bought some solar pannels (dont ask)

Daniel

last year there was a stall selling tubes and tins of stuff for cleaning brass , that put a protective film on it can anyone there get me a phone number for them if they are there this year please.

28936[/snapback]

Richard.

Miracle Leisure Products.

Stand selling tons of magic products. I think the one you have in mind is Brass-Mate or Miracle Brass-Brite.

Helpline; 07767 206246

www.miracleleisureproducts.co.uk

www.brassmate.co.uk

P.S. Whatever happened to that chap selling magic drill bits, used to drill holes in files while you watched.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow .... beat this for service

Last night @about 4.30 i rang up the number John put on hear and spoke to Carol at Miracle, put a order on the web site 10 mins later,

Today i have just had Carol walk into the shop with my brass cleaner. now it dont get better than this...... unless she wants to clean my brass as well.. :lol:

Edited by Richard Bustens