Vacuflush Cassette

Lee J

Featured Posts

Does anyone know whether you can open up a vacuflush cassette? The full light sensor on mine no longer works and it is really annoying.

I've tried Leesan, no response yet.

Lee

Does anyone know whether you can open up a vacuflush cassette? The full light sensor on mine no longer works and it is really annoying.

Lee

I'm not sure if you can open up a cassette, but I'm sure LeeSan will just tell you to buy a new cassette.

Do you have a spare cassette? If so, what happens when you put the spare on the base unit? (Just to be sure that it is the cassette that's faulty).

Edited by blackrose

Lee

Hi Lee,

Have you determined that it's definitely the float switch that's faulty and not the wiring? Can you short together the two wires that go to the float switch to see if the light comes on?

Regards,

Tony :lol:

It could be a build up of crud inside jamming the float. Maybe worth filling with water, leave upside down overnight, removing half of the water and shaking vigorously.

That's if (as above) the reed switch is not faulty, test with a magnet might work?

I think opening would involve a saw or sharp knife.

Thanks all,

When you remove the cassette the full light comes on, that is why I suspect the switch but thinking about it, there is also a microswitch to tell the pump that the tank is there. I don't know whether this also activates the full light, I'll have to check when I'm next at the boat.

I wonder if fresh water left over night will have much effect, Maybe some "calgon", or similar might remove the scale, it's used in washing machines so surely will not harm the rubber seals or plastic. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Lee

Thanks all,

When you remove the cassette the full light comes on, that is why I suspect the switch but thinking about it, there is also a microswitch to tell the pump that the tank is there. I don't know whether this also activates the full light, I'll have to check when I'm next at the boat.

I wonder if fresh water left over night will have much effect, Maybe some "calgon", or similar might remove the scale, it's used in washing machines so surely will not harm the rubber seals or plastic. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Lee

I use Odorloss in mine because it often goes for a fortnight between emptiying. Its meant to be fine for the seals but I don't know if it would help in breaking down whatevers causing the problem.

Do you usually rinse out your cassettes thoroughly after emptying? It helps prevent these buildups.

The tank full light is meant to come on when you remove the tank.

There is a separate micro switch to sense the presence of the tank or not, this is different from the tank full sensor.

They do the same thing I.E. turning on the warning light and stop the pump from forming a vacuum.

The tank full light is meant to come on when you remove the tank.

There is a separate micro switch to sense the presence of the tank or not, this is different from the tank full sensor.

They do the same thing I.E. turning on the warning light and stop the pump from forming a vacuum.

That's not how mine works. My Vacuflush cassette 'tank full' light comes on when the tank is full!

Every time I empty mine a wash it out I listen for the float ratling to make sure it is not stuck. The two halves are bonded together. I dont know how well you could glue it back and seal it if you cut it in half.

I only threw one away a couple of months ago! I had removed the inlet valve to clean it, tripped on the gang plank going back on board and fell in with the valve disappearing into the river never to be found again.

Hiya,

Just a thought, if you are planning to change your cassette, there are other suppliers in the UK that charge the RRP of about £70 for one. You can do a search on Google to see if one is nearest to you. I got my spare cassettes from Anglo American Leisure in Hinckley. Conrad Anderson also seem to stock them for £70. Just in case you get ripped off paying double elsewhere.

Gordon

Hiya,

Just a thought, if you are planning to change your cassette, there are other suppliers in the UK that charge the RRP of about £70 for one. You can do a search on Google to see if one is nearest to you. I got my spare cassettes from Anglo American Leisure in Hinckley. Conrad Anderson also seem to stock them for £70. Just in case you get ripped off paying double elsewhere.

Gordon

That's great news, thanks. I'll buy one straight away at that price and keep the old one as a spare.

Lee