Warning to other dog owners!!!! (Erdington canal)

Featured Posts

Was past this stretch last Sunday evening. Didn't see anyone at all. Place was deserted. Last human company was a particularly friendly man from Yorkshire with an equally charming dog, at Minworth Middle Lock.

Having just got back from walking our 3 dogs off lead on the tow path leads, I must say I hope I never have the misfortune of meeting some of you lot !

The original post was purely a warning to people to be aware of a potential problem but has managed to turn into a witch hunt!

I agree all dogs should be under control ours being Northern Inuits are large and look like wolves, which may worry some people. As 2 of ours are rescues they are never allowed to run up and greet other dogs on mass. If the other dog and owner are ok with the situation I let the other 2 meet and greet. It is important to be able to understand dogs body language and to avoid problems before they arise, but dogs are still animals.

When we were moored in Harlow last year a lady who walked her collie in a large field had no control; over it at all.

Despite me pleading with her to get it away from our dominant bitch who I had on a lead, she kept insisting 'let her off, it will be ok'. After dragging ourselves in the hedge every day for a week(she was evemn following us), I admit I lost it.

I warned her her dog would be in trouble if it ran up barking in my dogs face, but to no avail.

Result .I let her off, she grabbed it by the neck, threw it on the floor and held it there!

Women screamed obscenities at me, I called my bitch, she trotted along next to me pleased with herself.

Am told dog no longer runs up barking at people.

On the other side of the coin have also had a mature mas problem was I had 3 wolves out of control shout abuse at me because our 3 are fast asleep on the towpath, having cycled past them. His complaint was that had 3 wolves out of control(they were snooring) and if a child was to walk past they could be eaten alive.

And before anyone says anything I have pooh bags in every pocket and am usually seen with a shovel in hand! Sorry for the rant.

I think most of us have had a rant :lol: They say "it's better out than in". Maybe good to do a quick edit to tidy it a little tho as it got a little unclear. It sounds like your dogs are worth seeing but if i were with another member of my pack on a w-a-l-k then i might turn around and go the other way :lol:

Edited by Tom6

the problem i have is dogs trying to hump me not bite me. my mates rottweiler insists that i stroke it (not there) and pesters me if i stop. then, it starts shagging my leg. what is that dog thinking, am i his bitch or just irresistable to all creatures? another friend had to dog sit a huge dog, not sure what make, he was playing with it when all of a sudden its lipstick popped out and it blurted its beans on him. as we looked on p.s.ing ourselves. i reckoned that counted as a notch but my mate wanted to keep to his previouse number. why would anyone want a dog? i dont want to know whats happening in a dogs mind. its hard enough to work out the human mind. when i get my narrowboat it would be nice to have a dog to chew on troublemakers but isnt that a little wrongish

rofls, nice one Mike :lol:

Be careful about killer rabbits too! I think it's highly significant that no-one has escaped with mere injuries from a rabbit attack. Also no-one has even seen a killer rabbit attack and lived to tell the tale :lol:

Walkin chas this morning when we were approached by owner and dog. I said you'd better keep that fat ugly thing under control, the owner immediately responded saying don't you say that about my dog! To which I said I was talking to the dog!!!!!!!

I've got two dogs ones a jacky/staff and the other is an american bulldog. both are well trained (tho they still can't flush the loo). I come home from work as ya do and my first thing I do is take the woofers for a walk in the woods like always. the jacky/staff gets vocal when he plays and then sneezes, its quite funny to see. so everytime we see a new dog and owner I tell them about it so they don't worry. tho when they see my ab they look a little worried till they see she's lovely as well. both breeds are well known for being great family dogs. as a pack they move as one with one mind... mine. they are happy on the lead as well as off because I tell them what I want, tho I do wonder what would they do if someone attacked me. when I walk by roads tow paths or anything with a hazard im on the side of the hazards always. tho dogs being dogs sniff so if there's a nice smell or bad one they will its how they see the world. like who's gone passed maybe a friend has gone by.....

yes in the wrong hands they have the potential to do harm in the most unpleasant of ways. but in the big world more people are mamed or die from other people. also they think up more ways to do it every day. a dog doesn't. but a bad owner makes a dog bad...

remember; guns don't kill people people kill people.

also no small kittens were harmed in this thread....... that's nice :lol:

Edited by black