Attacked on the River Avon

Cris P

Featured Posts

come to think of it reading your post again.

Your comments about having hands down kecks truely represents how ignorant you are and the stereo typical views you have of certain people from particular backgrounds.

Not good.

LOL I have a psychic shield too to protect me from your negativity so IM fine its all good.... :lol:

You know what Gaggle this is all rubbish negative rubbish.

And im as bad as you and vice versa.

I wish you well and send you thoughts of Love and good health not too much Love mind :lol:

Life is too bloody short.

Enjoy your boat and peace be with you.

If you come across a shield keep it you never know mate.

Good night.

Got to say I agree with gaggle about the shield. It might well keep a first stone off as you say, but knowing the defences are good, I think it would be open season on anthony after that - communicated all along the towpath telegraph! Probably the only thing stopping most riverside pests from chucking breezeblocks is the knowledge that they may want to upset and hurt you, but don't want to be done for murder. Chances are you will have a lifetime of nothing more annoying than weed in your prop! :(

Can I just add something about teachers (groan). I don't like to always leap to the defence of teachers as I don't see why we should work so hard, yet be constantly having to justify everything from exam results to the actions of adults, years later! I did A LOT of very badly paid and so-called 'low-status' jobs before teaching (teaching is my 20th job!) to work in any way that allowed me to be with my own children (there's just me). But in all the years of cleaning houses and pub-toilets and working in Old People's homes and factories, (sorry if any of these jobs are your jobs, but at least I've done em!) I never had to face the barrage of criticism encountered in teaching. I've also never done a job that took over your life so much; that kept you awake at night, worrying about some child or planning weeks ahead to ensure smooth running of lessons, trips out etc; that keeps you on the look-out for resources or information that could help one kid with his/her GCSE; that keeps a note in your head that you need to make a particular effort to say 'hello' to this one child who has no friends, or devise more challenging homework for that one child who is frustrated by the pace of the others. Not to mention all the different special needs in all your classes. I'm not moaning, just saying that I had no idea of the extent of the job, before I started my training. It can be hugely rewarding at times, but when I read that the life-expectancy after retirement, of a teacher working all their life (now up to 65), is 18 months, it does annoy me that we receive so much criticism. :lol:

............................................................ but when I read that the life-expectancy after retirement, of a teacher working all their life (now up to 65), is 18 months, it does annoy me that we receive so much criticism.  :lol:

30372[/snapback]

18 months after 65 is not bad. The MOD expect to pay pensions for only 2 years from 55.

18 months after 65 is not bad. The MOD expect to pay pensions for only 2 years from 55.

30390[/snapback]

Well they must be pretty disapointed then. Where I live (near Bath) I am surrounded by ex-MOD men in their mid seventies who are still fit and healthy.