GRP Best Cleaner / Polish ?

Featured Posts

I'm sure I've seen this before on here, but can't seem to score with the search ---- so ---- what's favourite for freshening up GRP ? (Hands up ---- it's for a motor caravan rather than a boat). There's no damage or deterioration to the surface, just dull from standing. Main thing I'm looking to avoid is using anything which will damage the top coat.

Mike.

I'm sure I've seen this before on here, but can't seem to score with the search ---- so ---- what's favourite for freshening up GRP ? (Hands up ---- it's for a motor caravan rather than a boat). There's no damage or deterioration to the surface, just dull from standing. Main thing I'm looking to avoid is using anything which will damage the top coat.

In plumbing showrooms they used to use Brasso to get the GRP and Acrylic baths sparkling!

it depends on how dull the grp is,To liven it up use Farecla G3,best done with a rotary pollisher,be carefull to keep the pollisher moving and to use a little water as a lubricant.Remember not to use any compounds with Ammonia in them as it will yellow the grp.

If you do the job properly and get the hull gleaming,forget over the counter types of pollishes and go for Diamond brite,DB is a two stage pollish that last for ages,if you buy it with the maintenance pack it should last a couple of years.It is easily obtainable from flea bay.

All of the Auto glym products we have used have been very good.

The super resin polish followed by the wax gives a lovely shine and the wax helps to stop dirt sticking. Good stuff and not too much hard work involved.

Some of their other products are pretty good as well, the glass cleaner, vinyl cleaner, leather cleaner and canopy cleaners can all be given the thumbs up.

Thank you, One and All.

Had no idea about ammonia based stuff yellowing it -- you learn something every day. If it ever stops raining I'll be gatting the polishing cloths out !

Mike.

May be joining you. The canopy cleaning and reproofing products i ordered have just arrived. I was hoping they wouldnt turn up until after the weekend :lol: