BMC 2.5 engine

Mary 1

Featured Posts

There is a chap on a boat he bought which was sunk, He is doing a great job restoring her, He has overplated it himself, being a welder, he has made a glow plug as well, He is just stuck for some spare parts for this engine, do any of you know anywhere he can get bits. I am writing this on his behalf, as he has not got a pc. He is moored just down from me, near blissworth.

Mary 1

There is a chap on a boat he bought which was sunk, He is doing a great job restoring her, He has overplated it himself, being a welder, he has made a glow plug as well, He is just stuck for some spare parts for this engine, do any of you know anywhere he can get bits. I am writing this on his behalf, as he has not got a pc. He is moored just down from me, near blissworth.

Mary 1

Calcutt Boats are reputed as being the people for BMC spares. They've been very helpful to me when I've needed some bits.

Mary 1

http://www.asap-supplies.com/ do some spares for BMC it really depends on what sort of bits he needs.

AMC diesels near Preston are handy and certainly used to do mail order when I needed bits for mine.

If he's working to any kind of budget it might be worth looking at Landrover breakers/restorers as a lot were kitted out with the 2.5 diesels so I believe.

If he's working to any kind of budget it might be worth looking at Landrover breakers/restorers as a lot were kitted out with the 2.5 diesels so I believe.

Second that; if you're used to chandlery prices and start shopping for older Land Rover stuff you'll think you've gone back in time and they've missed some noughts off ! Try here for new parts

http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/

(No, other than satisfied customer, I have no connection with them)

Mike.

Mary 1

Thank you everyone, I have written this all down and given it to the chap.

M

Second that; if you're used to chandlery prices and start shopping for older Land Rover stuff you'll think you've gone back in time and they've missed some noughts off ! Try here for new parts

http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/

(No, other than satisfied customer, I have no connection with them)

Mike.

You can also add www.paddockspares.com to the above. I've had my Landy for quite a few years now so after using the above two suppliers feel qualified to add a note of warning. Be wary of any part labelled up as "Britpart", the quality is variable to say the least and within the Landrover community their reputation has coined a spoonerism. Shhhh.....