lcd tele

Nb Unity

Featured Posts

Hi all,im looking for an LCD telly for the boat -has anyone any help they can give -brand- output- price etc-weve had a boat for 6 years now and have decided to get a telly for lazy nights in on the boat- we only need 14inch screen max

Thanks Trish

Mains or 12v?  (or 24v?)

27506[/snapback]

I'd prefer 240v as you seem to get a lot more choice for your money.

Arrow, we've heard about PC's with tv cards in but space is an issue, hence an LCD screen.

We have a relatively big inverter, and do a lot of cruising so powering a 240v device isn't an issue.

Ta.

We also have a Beko 240 volts. It does as you say run from twelve volts dc adaptor, but I am unsure if it could go to 14.2 volts like some specifically designed units. I did e-mail the company regarding this but got no reply. I saw the same tv on a web site (didn't bookmark it) that sold the same telly as a twelve volt unit, but it had a voltage stabilizer. This of course could be a money spinner, but I feel care would be needed using it "straight from boat batteries". It is a v. good telly though, very economical on power and even I can tune to channels easily when the boat has been moved.

Edited by stan hesketh

I have put up a link in the past for 12V regulators. I would strongly recommend using one for LCD tvs as they are very sensitive to over-voltage.

Or else use a £30 inverter and use the power supply supplied - but it may not work on quasi-sine.

Here is a link:

http://www.amperordirect.co.uk/prod_adp_90dc-12s1.asp