Hep2o into 32mm waste pipe

RLWP

Featured Posts

Ok, for reasons that are a little complicated to explain..

Has anyone joined 1/2" Hep2o to 32mm waste pipe? We need to reconnect our shower pump outlet to the outside world and the basin drain looks a convenient possibility.

Richard

Richard..

Ive joined a standard basin waste which i Think 32mm to 22 plastic -

would strongly reccommend taking the waste fitting down to your local plumber merchants and showing them the item and the challenge.

3 times the local shop in Hayes here has found th required set of fittings from amongst the numerous parts bins within seconds..

with the assurance that they are indeed the right fit - and normally at very agreeable pricing - none of th eb@ggering around at B&Q trying to identify a likely match..

On the occasion when I have challenged them the have they also need the appropriate solution ( fuel pipe fittings)

have fun

Ok, for reasons that are a little complicated to explain..

Has anyone joined 1/2" Hep2o to 32mm waste pipe? We need to reconnect our shower pump outlet to the outside world and the basin drain looks a convenient possibility.

Richard

I assume you mean 15mm Hep? (Didn't know it came in Imperial?)

To be honest 15mm seems a bit narrow to use in any part of a waste pipe. The smallest I use is 3/4" braided flexible hose.

I assume you mean 15mm Hep? (Didn't know it came in Imperial?)

To be honest 15mm seems a bit narrow to use in any part of a waste pipe. The smallest I use is 3/4" braided flexible hose.

We had a Floplast pump with 15mm Hep fittings for the outlet.e It replaced a sump bpx with 3/4 inch fittings. I started with 15mm hose sticking out of the skin fitting. The only decent solution that didn't involve extra skin fittings I found was to swap the hep fitting for the hose tail, then step up from 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch braid using a 3/4 inch bsP female straight through connector with 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch male hose tails to transfer up to the skin fitting (and the rest of the waste system). I ended up changing the pump to a Gulper with 3/4 hose fittings as it was neater.

Well, my selected solution is:

32mm tee piece to fit basin waste

32mm blanking plug in side branch

15mm Hep2o tank fitting in hole cut in 32mm plug.

Cutting hole in plug tonight and fitting waste bits to boat tomorrow. If I remember I'll take a camera for the curious

Richard

Plan worked fine. I had to file down the outside of the nut on the Hep2o fitting to fit inside the 32mm plug, but that was easy to do. I now have a neat shower outlet using a common skin fitting with the basin.

Now I don't have to re-drill the hull after the boatyard welded a patch over our shower outlet!

Richard

Mind you, it was annoying to find I had bought a 15mm tank fitting years ago and forgot about it until I went looking for a sealing washer...