Costings

Potentialpotential

Featured Posts

I am new to the site, and have been amused at the comments posted to my last inquiry, and I thank you for the entrainment. How on a more serious note, I am sure, out there on the waterways, someone has done a study on costs. Can anyone tell me what exactly it will cost me to live aboard, as a continuous cruiser per year? This would have to include fuel,food,and all the relevant fees to be legal. I do realize that I might eat more than others and that I might be moored up for longer periods than others, but I need a rough guide as to what it may cost me. If we say that I have a 59 ft boat with diesel heating, and there would be two adults on board. Looking forward to your replies. William.

I am new to the site, and have been amused at the comments posted to my last inquiry, and I thank you for the entrainment. How on a more serious note, I am sure, out there on the waterways, someone has done a study on costs. Can anyone tell me what exactly it will cost me to live aboard, as a continuous cruiser per year? This would have to include fuel,food,and all the relevant fees to be legal. I do realize that I might eat more than others and that I might be moored up for longer periods than others, but I need a rough guide as to what it may cost me. If we say that I have a 59 ft boat with diesel heating, and there would be two adults on board. Looking forward to your replies. William.

There have been other threads about costs. Good luck looking for them

Sue

There's just to many permutations, it depends on how you want to live, what equipment you use, how often you'll cruise, and so on and son and so on etc etc etc, you getting my drift :lol:

The general debate was, is it cheaper than living in a house in civvi ST? IMO yes it is assuming you stick to a similar lifestyle, for us even more so as our boat is bought and paid for so have no mortgage or loans to pay off.

Staying in a hotel for 3 months waiting for the new stove would be expensive.

Sue

What's so unique about the stove of your choice, Sue ?

I think I'd be tempted to buy a model that someone can supply from stock., rather than be "stoveless" for many months.

Most chandleries I go in to seem to have several different models and power outputs on display, with a choice of back boiler and non back boiler models.

(Just curious, that's all....)

What's so unique about the stove of your choice, Sue ?

I think I'd be tempted to buy a model that someone can supply from stock., rather than be "stoveless" for many months.

Most chandleries I go in to seem to have several different models and power outputs on display, with a choice of back boiler and non back boiler models.

(Just curious, that's all....)

Uxbridge recommended the one chosen for our boat, also the boatyard are busy so have to wait for a slot. so have gone to the house. Not too bothered as it is cold out there and we are getting jobs done on the house. Chosen a Stovax 6.

Sue