Birmingham moorings

Kent Tool

Featured Posts

Hi

There have been lots of recent postings about Birmingham moorings. If you need an electric hook up, try Earle Wightman at Sherborne Wharf, just off the mainline close to the Sea Life Centre. Bang in the centre of things. 0121 455 6163 is the number, if I remember correctly.

Cheers

Dave

Places to visit Aston Hall,

Blakley hall .Saholm mill these are on the outer circle bus No 11 which is worth a trip on in itself but you would need to get to one of the stops Six ways Erdington being the nearest. there are probably other buses from the city center though.

sutton Park, buses 904,104 from upper bull street they will also take you to six ways

Sea life center right by where you are likely to moor

Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery you might have missed the Arthur tapestries they are going on tour but there is still alot of pre Raphalite stuff there and it is free

The jewelery quarter,i think there is a train from moor street station to there

Birmingham Cathedral probably the smallest cathedral in the country but beautifully formed.

Lichfield is just a ride on the cross city line.

If you are traveling alot by bus there is a day ticket for £3.30 our buses do not give change so be prepared :lol:

We will be taking our narrow boat to central Birmingham and wonder if there are good moorings with electric hook-up. We plan to stay put on the boat for 4-5 days, exploring Birmingham. Any suggestions?

We had a couple of nights at Sherborne Wharf in 2007. Safe, quiet and with electricity and water. Ideal for a stroll to Gas Street.

If you're after a Balti, I suggest you do not use the nearest option - it was disappointing.

Great Italian food at Don Salvo (though not cheap) - a 10 minute walk away.

Plenty of opportunities for retail therapy (I managed to steer us away from the Jewellery Quarter!).

gardencoaster