Willington drowning............

bargiepat

Featured Posts

I am not a big fan of NBW who I think use a contentious, cynical and sarcastic style of reporting but I think some of the indignation and opinions expressed on here are now going too far the other way.

I've seen plenty of (justified) complaints on this forum about unlicensed boats and overstaying but whilst I don't like NBW's style suspect they have more influence on BW than this forum.

It has been implied that NBW has raised a gang of rabble and parallels have been drawn with other peoples sad circumstances without knowing those of the deceased.

-I think it is more likely that local n'er do wells have vandalised Skippers car and boat rather than a gang of boaters encouraged by NBW. Whoever did this is beneath contempt.

I am local to and know Willington and have previously heard of cars being vandalised there.

As usual there exists in Willington a range of attitudes shown toward boaters varying from the lady who is now caring for his dogs to the serial complainer who I think is lucky not to have had a toilet cassette emptied on his lawn.

I am not trying to be contentious here but rather add a a bit of balance.

For the record I knew the deceased and some of his history and circumstances.

Tom(Victor) is still calling him a "scrounger" on his page.

he replied to an email i sent him saying he was taking or had taken most of it off and said only the reporting of his death would remain with one mention of him as the overstayer , he also says if he has missed anything to contact him and he will remove it.

i never looked to see if anything was left on and if anyone would like to inform him the above is still i would be grateful , my email to him earlier was apparently delivered from anoyminous and i think i have messed my email account and other stuff trying to change that setting.

thought it was bad form for me to email as anoyminous and dont know how it came to go out as such.