Smoking Gun!

Allan(nb Albert)

Featured Posts

I wonder if one of Mr Lawson's bonus targets for next year will be "to avoid getting caught out telling porkies to members of the public". It might prove more of a challenge than his current objectives. I bet their is one impressive row going on inside BW right now about who is to blame for this little mess...

My vote's still for the 'Cock Up' :lol:

Allan, you know I'm not normally 'on your side' over this, but even I laughed out-loud at the "investigated by its Chief Executive, Mr Robin Evans" comment!

Now that really would be setting the (alleged) poacher to catch the other (alleged) poacher! :lol:

Perhaps my (alleged) problem is that I don't put alleged in front of everything I post so I now have BW's legal director (allegedly) accusing me of libel.

Hopefully, British Waterways will do as I (allegedly) ask and have the matter referred to board directors.

Regards

Allan

It would seem so - Mr Lawson is clearly upset.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=53...437615834761975

I would find it strange that people can act in Simon Salems name, without any comment - I thought that it was normal to write somthing like:

Any Body

PP Simon Salem

on the bottom of correspondance sent on behalf of somebody. Particularly because Alan had already been in contact with underlings at BW, and they all seemed to be using their real names.

All this not withstanding, I would suggest that Alan treads carefully, as he might get sued out of house and home even if he is right, such are the joys of the British legal system.

Edited by estwdjhn

It would seem so - Mr Lawson is clearly upset.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=53...437615834761975

I would find it strange that people can act in Simon Salems name, without any comment - I thought that it was normal to write somthing like:

Any Body

PP Simon Salem

on the bottom of correspondance sent on behalf of somebody. Particularly because Alan had already been in contact with underlings at BW, and they all seemed to be using their real names.

All this not withstanding, I would suggest that Alan treads carefully, as he might get sued out of house and home even if he is right, such are the joys of the British legal system.

I would be more concerned if Johnson had the backing of just one of the 20 odd British Waterways directors. Since my alleged libel a week ago nobody in British Waterways except Nigel Johnson has said that Simon Salem (rather than Nigel Johnson) provided a false document in response to a freedom of Information act request.

Edited by Allan(nb Albert)

I would be more concerned if Johnson had the backing of just one of the 20 odd British Waterways directors. Since my alleged libel a week ago nobody in British Waterways except Nigel Johnson has said that Simon Salem (rather than Nigel Johnson) provided a false document on response to a freedom of Information act request.

If I understand Johnson's latest alleged explanation, it seems that neither he nor Mr Salem has done anything wrong. The whole thing is allegely the fault of a lowly PA. This neatly gets everyone off the alleged hook, apart from the PA. The whole thing sounds as straight as a dockers hook to me. Out of interest, have you been sent the assurances that Johnson promised you with his original explanation, or does it seem that the remuneration chairman doesn't want to get involved.

I'm with Chris on this one.

I am a member of a not for profit Landrover club that was nearly sued out of existance for deflamation of character. The reason - someone posted a true statement on their forum, which stated that another club was run for the profit of its owners. Although the statement was true, the costs and risks of going to court were such that the club had to agree to an expensive out of court settlement.

At the very least, do some background reading of what is and isn't libel, and why.

I'm with Chris on this one.

I am a member of a not for profit Landrover club that was nearly sued out of existance for deflamation of character. The reason - someone posted a true statement on their forum, which stated that another club was run for the profit of its owners. Although the statement was true, the costs and risks of going to court were such that the club had to agree to an expensive out of court settlement.

At the very least, do some background reading of what is and isn't libel, and why.

I have taken some advice and I am told I am on very firm ground. I asserted that I was given a copy of Simon Salems 2008/9 targets by Simon Salem and they were different to those provided by Johnson. Johnson says he has investigated the matter (so has no excuse for not knowing that what I said was true) and has stated that Simon Salem took no part in providing me with those targets.

I am just glad that fella whos said he was outraged at your frivorlous f.o.i requests and threatened to ask bw to ignore your future contact never wrote his letter ,or did he and they instead ignored him.

I cant think who it was now.

I had a similar situation with the Health authority a couple of years ago. I was waiting to be admited to hospital for a bypass operation and was told by a secretary that I was coming up to the time limit for this admission. Whithin a couple of days I was asked to attend the hospital in London to undergo further tests (scan). All this was done and a couple of weeks later I phoned the hospital for progress. i was told that I was getting very near to admissionand I should hear soon. I asked if I had exceeded the time limit, she told me "that we had gained a bit of time by you coming up for the scan". I wrote to my MP and he to the Health Minister etc. To cut a long story short I recieved an explanation that the secretary had no authority to say such things to me. I wrote back asking if what she said was true or not. I again recieved a three page explanation regarding time scales etc. but didn't recieve a true explanation. I gave up.

Large concerns hide behind the hope that someone won't takes things further and keep digging.

I support this thread as one way or another we will get to know the truth.

In the main BW have a difficult job/task, however like the banks there may be some in the employment that just look after thenselves and their pals to the detriment of the business. If this is true within BW then this is just plain unfair, to put it lightly.

A long response but "heart" felt.

Martyn

Where is this leading? What happens to their 'little boys club' if found out?

I don't know where its leading - what I do know is that BW will prevent the Chairman of the Remuneration Committee becoming involved if possible.

Can't speculate on the "little boys club" - however what we are seeing at the moment is a little split with directors avoiding backing Johnson up.