Tip for the day

Moley

Featured Posts

With particular reference to cruiser sterns with blocked drainage channels, particularly the one which runs above the engine, and particularly to those boats with older engines which are noted for dropping black oily gunk into the 'dirty bilge' below the engine, and particularly in Winter:

Unless you happen to be some particular variety of masochist whom most self-respecting masochists would consider Just Plain Weird, do not allow rain water to accumulate in the 'dirty bilge' to such an extent that someone stepping onto the stern, or other boats passing by at any sort of speed which would cause your boat to rock in the water, would cause black oily gloop to overspill into the main volume of the 'clean bilge'.

This will almost certainly result in your having to spend a most unpleasant afternoon having to pump 'dirty bilge' into a suitable container for off-site disposal and then having to sheet off (with newspaper or kitchen roll) black oily gloop from places where black oily gloop simply has no right to be before it is again possible to pump accumulated rainwater directly into the canal.

Furthermore, we are supposed to learn from our mistakes, so permitting the above to occur more than once in any 12 month period is Just Plain Inexcusable!

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to how I've spent my afternoon? :lol:

My tip of the day. Walking along a very narrow gunwale while carrying a 15' length of cabin floor is a bad idea. I didn't go in but it was a close run thing and getting the board back out wasn't much fun.

My tip of the day. Walking along a very narrow gunwale while carrying a 15' length of cabin floor is a bad idea. I didn't go in but it was a close run thing and getting the board back out wasn't much fun.

Compiling the next intro quiz? :lol:

No, that's what I'm doing now :lol:

(Well, next-but-3 actually)

Lying seductively on a chaise longue, being hand fed peeled seedless grapes whilst watching the Dakar rally.....?

:lol:

Lying seductively on a chaise longue, being hand fed peeled seedless grapes whilst watching the Dakar rally.....?

Your personal fantasy Janet? (Well, there are worse ways to spend a Sunday afternoon)