** STRAY DOG FOUND **

Tribalmaya

Featured Posts

My friend who works at MEDIVET in Kidlington, oxford had a Tri-colour border collie handed in today at the practice. He is male, and is idenichipped. Registered to a Mr Longstaff, Hallingbury marina, Sawlbridgeworth, Hertfordshire. Anyone with further information of Mr Longstaffs where abouts please contact MEDIVET at 01865372899. They have tried to contact his registered number with no luck. Thank you.

The vets tried calling but no answer. If your passing and someone is around thatwould be fantastic thank you!

http://www.hallingburymarina.co.uk/contacts.htm is marina contacts page.

I've tried checking as many records as poss but can't get a match for the name and mooring location. I have a horrible feeling that the boater may not have updated the dog's chip details when they moved. I hope they find the dog's owner soon. Maybe someone at the marina will remember a customer called Longstaff.

Best of luck,

D

just a thought, there's a nb called daniel oakley.

they seem to have had a few dogs and seem to be based in Banbury know

blog:http://danieloakley.org.uk/?page_id=313,

sorry to all the techies, dont know how to do links.

Edited by cloggy

I dropped in the marina. The marina is locked up for the holidays, but spoke to the owner of the mill.

The owner on the chip must be Nick Longstaff but he went to live in France.

The concensus is that he passed the dog, possibly to another boater.

I've left the details with the staff at the marina and they will try to get in touch with Nick and find out

who he passed the dog to.

They will get in touch through the forum if there is any positive news.

Probably won't hear any more until after New Year.

thank you everyone who has replied ... the dog ''Oakley'' will be staying onboard the vet nurses NB tonight ahhhhhhh bless :lol: and has a poss home from another boater if no one comes forward. I think your right, the chips details may not have been updated, with so many views to the topic im sure we can re-unite! In the mean time he will have lots of cuddles and love....

I've copied the original message on a dog agility forum in case it rings any bells with anyone

haggis

Thanks Haggis thats great! :lol:

thank you everyone who has replied ... the dog ''Oakley'' will be staying onboard the vet nurses NB tonight ahhhhhhh bless :lol: and has a poss home from another boater if no one comes forward. I think your right, the chips details may not have been updated, with so many views to the topic im sure we can re-unite! In the mean time he will have lots of cuddles and love....

Thanks Haggis thats great! :lol:

I think I may have solved this. I know have enough of the puzzle thanks to the extra info above. Think he might still have a boat in the uk ... Thanks Tribalmaya for looking after the poor woofit. I'd be going absolutely spare if I lost my four pawed one, especially in this cold weather.

D

I think I may have solved this. I know have enough of the puzzle thanks to the extra info above. Think he might still have a boat in the uk ... Thanks Tribalmaya for looking after the poor woofit. I'd be going absolutely spare if I lost my four pawed one, especially in this cold weather.

D

Problem solved but no mobile number or e-mail. Tribalmaya please pm me?

D

If this turns up no owner, I'd be glad of a new woofer in my life, my dog died last year and I'm still looking for one to fill his boots.

Ah bless,sorry to hear that. I think he will probably be re-homed to a local lady boater if no one comes forward. She is taking care of him till then. He curled up on her chair last night like he has always been there..... such a sweet little thing.

Ah bless,sorry to hear that. I think he will probably be re-homed to a local lady boater if no one comes forward. She is taking care of him till then. He curled up on her chair last night like he has always been there..... such a sweet little thing.

They do that, settle in very quickly. Friends of ours had a Jack Russel turn up on the door step, They took her in, reported it to police,RSPCA,Dog Warden etc, 14 days later they were the official owners and you would think the dog had been theirs all her life.

AH HA!!! Oakey's owner has been found! WOO HOO!!! A member of staff from BW gave me a good lead and i found the owners boat only 30 min walk from my own boat! Small world! Oakley and owner are together again !!!! YAY!!! Well this has restored a little faith back into BW's reputation..... Thank you very much Debbie! Happy new year to you all.... Nick and Oakley will be joining our new year canal bash as a result... :lol::lol::lol:

AH HA!!! Oakey's owner has been found! WOO HOO!!! A member of staff from BW gave me a good lead and i found the owners boat only 30 min walk from my own boat! Small world! Oakley and owner are together again !!!! YAY!!! Well this has restored a little faith back into BW's reputation..... Thank you very much Debbie! Happy new year to you all.... Nick and Oakley will be joining our new year canal bash as a result... :lol::lol::lol:

I love happy endings!

:lol:

Make sure he/she updates their info with Petlog or whatever tag they use