Best search sites?????

ihatew0rk

Featured Posts

Obviously tried Google etc but am amazed how useless most canal boat based websites are, ie 3 year old price lists, information out of date and lists of sold boats. Do they not think people use the interent if they're thinking of buying a boat? Just look at how much use this site gets. Is this the best forum type site? Thanks again, Dave

Have you tried Lymm marina? he sells sailaways etc and may even have one in stock, or if not, he will have one built for you. He will fit to whatever level you want.

If you do go the new route, consider lead times and payment details, they are more important than ever with the way things are going. I believe Lymm charge a reasonable deposit and the balance upon completion, which is as good as it gets really, but you would have to check that out.

http://www.lmbs.co.uk/frame.htm

I have no personal connection whatsoever to this company.

Edited by david and julie

It may sound an old-fashioned idea, but how about buying a copy of Waterways World or Canal Boat as a "search site". I just flicked through the latest WW and found at least eight display ads by builders advertising widebeam craft. There were probably more in the classifieds, and of course there are numerous second-hand boats for sale in there as well.

It may sound an old-fashioned idea, but how about buying a copy of Waterways World or Canal Boat as a "search site". I just flicked through the latest WW and found at least eight display ads by builders advertising widebeam craft. There were probably more in the classifieds, and of course there are numerous second-hand boats for sale in there as well.

The problem with the magazines is that, because of deadline restraints, the ads are out of date.

If I went to a brokers, and the boat in the mag was still on his lists, then I'd regard this has a bargaining chip, as it has been up for sale for some time.

Well worth having a look through the online version of the monthly Waterways Magazine "Towpath" here:

http://www.towpathtalk.co.uk/index.php

Click on Read Online from the left index

You can obtain the printed version free from most Marinas and also other places as listed under Find Your Copy FREE on the index.

Good luck with your search!

Stewey