Electrozapping fish

spindle

Featured Posts

Why do they need to cull fish anyway?

They don't. Its just the usual idiots that think otherwise. But I'll tell you what ,if we cull all the small fish in the canal and river systems the problems between boaters and anglers would disappear overnight. There's a thought. Yeah I know, just as idiotic as the others.

Wasn't the Golden Tench originally bred in Poland? (frantically Googling to substantiate this post).

There seem to be several references to it being originally bred in Silesia (now divided between germany, Poland and the czech republic).

For some reason Israel springs to mind. I do know they export a lot of freshwater ornamental type fish to the trade. However the golden tench will breed quite happily along with our native tench and hey presto what bloodline do we have then ?

Forgot to say, when Zander were first introduced over here they were called for by some Pike-perch and of course this being a direct result of a pike breeding with a perch. Some people around St Albans probably believe this still.

Edited by jeb

I was only teasing, anyway. It is a lovely fish, though it's a shame Steve had to use one of those new-fangled metal centre-pins.

Proper anglers use wooden reels!

Nottingham%20Reel.jpg

I heard that was the very first new reel you bought. :lol:

Nice fish Steve!

We have Golden Tench in our lake, but I've yet to land one. They are rather elusive! That was a rather good catch.

As a relatively new angler, and without some background information and knowledge, I can't really comment on culling, but from what I've seen, there doesn't seem to be much need for it on the waters I fish.

Nature always seems to find a balance....

Janet

:lol: I Know, sorry Spindle.

Yes nature will find a balance but at what cost ?

Unless all the water is totally removed and all the non required species removed then I'm afraid that culling will be a constant battle to reduce the pressure and help the species you are trying to save.

It also allows time for a remedy to be found, before you lose a species completely.

RE. Electrofishing.

I believe the original question was " what effect, if any, this would have on my galvanic isolator " I have spoken to a couple of people and they believe that no harm would come to your galvanic isolator unless it straddled the two poles of the electrofishing equipment.

As for the "Noddy " remark, I treated that with the contempt that it deserved.