Squatting on a boat!

boatbot

Featured Posts

We often have incidents in our lives which we think are unfair and cause us great stress. The most important thing we can do is resolve them as quickly as possible and then concentrate in rebuilding our lives.

You have had some very good advice from many people here, most of which is constructive!

Take or leave that advice and then view your decision in a positive way and move on. It may leave you with a bad taste in your mouth but moving on is much more important.

How do I know? PM me if you want. Keeping positive is the most important thing to do.

You have your boat - you have your health - you may have lost a few possessions - count your blessings.

Theft or wilful damage of personal property is something the police need to sort out. If they don't, threaten the police with the IPCC (Independent Police Complaints Commission). The police are there to enforce the law of the land (and waterways), and if they fail to do that duty, they're breaking the law themselves. BUT, they cannot do anything if they don't know it's happening or has happened. If they say it's a civil matter, tell them he threatened you with a rather nasty looking knife, that usually gets them going...

But either way, people here have given advice on how to get your boat and property back, and are probably just frustrated by your lack of action on your part, fair enough I say, but I do think some of them are taking that a bit too far now...

Either way, glad you have your boat back and hope the thieving git is left out in the cold, but do go and retrieve your stuff ASAP before it is damaged by the wet weather, just get someone you can thoroughly trust to just sit on the boat whilst you go do it, they don't have to be big and muscly, just competent enough to nip into the boat, shut the doors and call the police if thieving git returns... :lol:

U are being over reactionary-I wasn't renting it-he was staying free-he was already homeless-but who knows.....the difference is I am TELLING U THE TRUTH-Look I dont have to prove it to u-I am not going to get into a debate with who's telling the truth-thats up to u!!!!

Forget it-I was just trying to WARN you-Fine-if it happens to u I wont say I told u so.......why would I get on here to tell u something that isn't the truth-what do I gain from this? I say again this guy is trouble-so it up to u I not going to try to prove anything to u or anyone else-I dont need any boating buddies-as far as i am concerned it was my fault for trusting and trying to help someone who I thought was in need-

Everyone else has had a go so just thought I'd join in. Read the whole thread and it doesnt read that you are trying to warn us more that you are looking for some backup support to help get this chap off your back and out your life.

This is cyberworld not the real world and the lone ranger doesnt live here. (The Lymm Ranger does mind)

I'm sure someone will point out that this has absolutely nothing to do with the sittuation but anyone that knows of my past postings will know that I just have to ask.

Have we established wether boatbot is male or female? I just want to be clear of the facts. Is this a damsel in distress? A scared man who has no-one to turn to for help? or a gay man throwing a hissy fit because things didn't turn out the way he had hoped when he offered help to this guy?

The clue could lie in the name Boatbot or that could just be me being me? What was it Barrymore used to say? What is a boatbot not? A hotbot or summut like that.

Where are you based?

If you are afraid you are putting yourself in danger then dont put yourself in that situation no boats worth that.

Simply report your boat stolen and that the offender wont give it back.

Lie out your backside if need be.

Otherwise if the boat is in good nick 45 foot or over and available for a good price I will inspect it and buy it off you and deal with the guy.

PM me.

• 2 weeks later...
Where are you based?

If you are afraid you are putting yourself in danger then dont put yourself in that situation no boats worth that.

Simply report your boat stolen and that the offender wont give it back.

Lie out your backside if need be.

Otherwise if the boat is in good nick 45 foot or over and available for a good price I will inspect it and buy it off you and deal with the guy.

PM me.

..... and at this point..... it all went quiet....... hmmmmmm......

Nick

..... and at this point..... it all went quiet....... hmmmmmm......

Nick

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what? What is there to say? I am going soon so what? Go on BBC? Crime watch?

No point in discussing this any further-what do u want me to say-hip hip horah? I trusted someone and I was betrayed-thats it-believe it or not-ITS UP TO YOU!!! :lol:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what? What is there to say? I am going soon so what? Go on BBC? Crime watch?

No point in discussing this any further-what do u want me to say-hip hip horah? I trusted someone and I was betrayed-thats it-believe it or not-ITS UP TO YOU!!! :lol:

If it's any consolation, I do believe you. In my experience these things are unfortunately a normal part of life, hence we have police, and prisons, all at vast expense to the tax payer, so by paying tax we have all done our bit to help you, so you are not without support.

You have lost relitavely little please don't let these incidents get you down, as maybe one day you could be robbed of everything you have ever worked for and own by agencies such as the BWB or even the Police, and left with nothing but people like the man who took your boat preying on you like vultures, who then defrauded me out of several thousand and threatened me with a gun, just at the piont that I thought I was on my feet again, this realy happened to me. So then where would your head be at?

Chill out and move on, if it all surprises you so much, I suggest it is an omen, and that you gain energy from this to do someting else, at least youve got the boat, could you sell it and use the money to start another way of life. If you find thieving so disturbing I would get out of the canal scene as it is very much controlled by BWB who also steal as part of their way.

Based on your cry for help I think you may have to asses whether you have codependent tendancies and work on that! As others have said this is a "virtual" space so please don't take this too pesonaly as I'm only going on a few lines of text! The best of luck with the future, and remember that helping others is a risky gamble!

If it's any consolation, I do believe you. In my experience these things are unfortunately a normal part of life, hence we have police, and prisons, all at vast expense to the tax payer, so by paying tax we have all done our bit to help you, so you are not without support.

You have lost relitavely little please don't let these incidents get you down, as maybe one day you could be robbed of everything you have ever worked for and own by agencies such as the BWB or even the Police, and left with nothing but people like the man who took your boat preying on you like vultures, who then defrauded me out of several thousand and threatened me with a gun, just at the piont that I thought I was on my feet again, this realy happened to me. So then where would your head be at?

Chill out and move on, if it all surprises you so much, I suggest it is an omen, and that you gain energy from this to do someting else, at least youve got the boat, could you sell it and use the money to start another way of life. If you find thieving so disturbing I would get out of the canal scene as it is very much controlled by BWB who also steal as part of their way.

Based on your cry for help I think you may have to asses whether you have codependent tendancies and work on that! As others have said this is a "virtual" space so please don't take this too pesonaly as I'm only going on a few lines of text! The best of luck with the future, and remember that helping others is a risky gamble!

Very good advice-thats terrible what happened to u-u are right-I will be selling it actually I have two boats and it is TOO MUCH-Not codependant on the contrary I am VERY independant and a very good artist too! I have had to reflect on this as a experence to avoid in the future-I will do it better next time-I am off out of the country as the weather is abit brisk to say the least!! :lol: