Umbrella

MtB

Featured Posts

Hi everyone,

Now with the weather being what it's been this summer (and last), we've had plenty of cruising hours with one or the other of us holding the umbrella whilst the other steers. However, we've seen number of narrowboats cruising with umbrellas neatly fixed to the roof of the boat or the sliding hatch but not had the opportunity to ask the owners for a closer look.

Is there a commercially available bracket or device for fixing an umbrella to a narrowboat, or do I need to design/devise my own? Does anybody here have an umbrella-holding device? What do you have?

Cheers, Mike

Hi everyone,

Now with the weather being what it's been this summer (and last), we've had plenty of cruising hours with one or the other of us holding the umbrella whilst the other steers. However, we've seen number of narrowboats cruising with umbrellas neatly fixed to the roof of the boat or the sliding hatch but not had the opportunity to ask the owners for a closer look.

Is there a commercially available bracket or device for fixing an umbrella to a narrowboat, or do I need to design/devise my own? Does anybody here have an umbrella-holding device? What do you have?

Cheers, Mike

We have a round tube welded to the hatch which we can slot in the umbrella handle. we hold it in position with a bunge cord. The umbrella we have is from Nauticalia a two person job and will withstand a gale..! Cost £29/95 and well worth it.

Cheers

Dalesman.

Hi everyone,

Cheers, Mike

Hi Mike

There is one that I can think of that would fit or could be easily adapted to fit. They are made to fit on the powa- caddy electric golf trolley. Any well stocked golf equipment shop or the pro shops on the golf courses will have them.

Have a look on Powa_caddy web site. I am almost certain that there will be other makes of golf trolleys that will make a similar holder.

Fore right :lol:

Big Col

Edited by Big COL

Hi

I saw a commercially available device in the bag of one of the canal mags. It attaches to the tiller arm and allows a rotary dryer or umbrella to be attached. I'll dig the details out later.

cheers

Phil

Hi

I saw a commercially available device in the back of one of the canal mags. It attaches to the tiller arm and allows a rotary dryer or umbrella to be attached. I'll dig the details out later.

cheers

Phil

I use a fishing umbrella which has an extenting spike. Its designed to stick into the ground. The spike goes into a piece of copper tube attached to the woodwork just inside the rear doors. The copper tube is attached with a couple of clips designed for that size of tube (22mm) available from screwfix, B&Q etc etc