Space between moored boats

Neil.A

Featured Posts

I did. I said:

"Is there a minimum distance that should be given for safety reasons?"

Which bit are you having difficulty with?

Not quite sure how anyone could interperate that as a trick question...

Because you witheld the vital piece of information.

Namely that you have an issue with an unsafe boat mooring close to you.

There is no minimum distance for "legal" boats, and as the unlicenced boat shouldn't be there at all....

neils on a proper mooring that he pays for and it sounds like a continuous moorer has moored up to him

Not only is he a continuous moorer, he has his car parked on the road adjacent to boot.

So not really a leisure boater.

Not only is he a continuous moorer, he has his car parked on the road adjacent to boot.

So not really a leisure boater.

So, the issue wasn't one of safety at all.

You want rid of him, and you went on a fishing trip to see if you could use a safety angle to achieve that objective.

You want rid of him, and you went on a fishing trip to see if you could use a safety angle to achieve that objective.

Who in their right mind would want someone elses unsecured gas bottle 18 inches from the stern of their boat?

Its no more fishing, than the poll you put up about speeding boaters. You want to see an end to speeding boaters, I want to go back to my boat tonight and not find it clapping its hands in flames, or do you think I'm being unreasonable??

I quite agree with Neil, I wouldn't want anyone moored close with gas bottles incorrectly stored. Its not just the idiot feeding rubber pipe through windows, its also some of the lowlife who use towpaths to cause mischief. What could they do with a bit of rubber pipe and a gas bottle?

Who in their right mind would want someone elses unsecured gas bottle 18 inches from the stern of their boat?

Its no more fishing, than the poll you put up about speeding boaters. You want to see an end to speeding boaters, I want to go back to my boat tonight and not find it clapping its hands in flames, or do you think I'm being unreasonable??

In wanting him gone?

No.

I do think that you are playing silly buggers going on fishing trips to get answers that you want to further your arguments.

Notice that when I discuss an issue I give lots of information about it up front, rather than asking a leading question.

In wanting him gone?

No.

I do think that you are playing silly buggers going on fishing trips to get answers that you want to further your arguments.

Notice that when I discuss an issue I give lots of information about it up front, rather than asking a leading question.

I quite agree it was a trick question. My question asking how do you know that the boat does not have a safety certificate was not a trick question!!

What is a leisure boater? As aposed to what I am a continuouse cruiser or as I do moor up sometimes for 14 days some people would call a continuouse moorer but I do it for leisure.

Yes it was; the safety of my boat. Yes i did want rid for the same reason. What would you do given the same circumstances?

A robust stare? Some street theatre? Body language? I'll tell you what you would do mate, bog all, cos you are a gutless keyboard hero (to yourself).

Every time a post is submitted, you have to take an alternative standpoint. You have no genuine opinion, you are just an argumentative ****

It may be a good idea if you revert to the original avatar you had, so anyone looking at any of your responses would instantly associate you with the smug **** you really are.

<edited to remove swearing> LM

Edited by Lady Muck

Yes it was; the safety of my boat. Yes i did want rid for the same reason. What would you do given the same circumstances?

A robust stare? Some street theatre? Body language? I'll tell you what you would do mate, bog all, cos you are a gutless keyboard hero (to yourself).

Every time a post is submitted, you have to take an alternative standpoint. You have no genuine opinion, you are just an argumentative ****

It may be a good idea if you revert to the original avatar you had, so anyone looking at any of your responses would instantly associate you with the smug **** you really are.

<edited to remove swearing> LM

LM

Not really swearing...the bloke is an arse.

LM

Not really swearing...the bloke is an arse.

steady on old boy

If he's argumentative its only coz he has another point of view which in the end brought forth the full details of your beef with your neighbours, which, if is all as you say you have a valid point.......your only mistake was to fail in nailing your true colours to the mast.

BTW....I dont think a gas tank on the back deck is such a bad idea....well ventilated and easy to maintain....after all.....when we go camping all we have is a gas canister attatched by a hose to a burner inside a canvas cover

edited to remove trash coz i got confused over different threads

Edited by saltysplash