Injector Pipe BMC 1.5

Featured Posts

It vrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmms for a while and then DIES!

Take air filter off, and there is white smoke coming out. AND just before it dies there is white smoke from the exhaust.

That's a bugger, but at least it was the correct pipe then.

I'm not sure if you saw this ?

You haven't taken a fill of fuel from anywhere that might be contaminated with water or owt else, have you ?

It does seem to me a bit like water in the fuel, or other contamination.

When did you last fill up, and was it from a source you use regularly, and believe to be OK ?

Alan

That's a bugger, but at least it was the correct pipe then.

I'm not sure if you saw this ?

It does seem to me a bit like water in the fuel, or other contamination.

When did you last fill up, and was it from a source you use regularly, and believe to be OK ?

Alan

right, she's been running for 5 minutes now. It wouldn't start, so I had a rest and adjusted the fan belt while I thought about it. Then I had another go thinking that it just seemed like there wasn't enough fuel getting in... so I hand pumped the lift pump and then she roared into life. And she is still alive....

I have called it a she because she is tempermental.

oh yes, no water in fuel, and filled up last week... from the boat man...

Yippee :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Olive's holding her own, then!

I have called it a she because she is tempermental.

Moderators!

I object to that sexist remark.

I demand equal rights to be temperamental.

right, she's been running for 5 minutes now. It wouldn't start, so I had a rest and adjusted the fan belt while I thought about it. Then I had another go thinking that it just seemed like there wasn't enough fuel getting in... so I hand pumped the lift pump and then she roared into life. And she is still alive....

Happy? :lol:

cheers,

Pete.

Hi Bones,

I know I have said this many times before, but the white 'smoke' you see is not smoke at all but unburned fuel (or could be fuel and water). We should not be too surprised at the reluctance to start, tiny amounts of air in the high pressure side of the system is enough to prevent starting.. Anyway, looks like you have cracked it.