So who on the list admits to being a biker ?

Nickhlx

Featured Posts

Currently have a CB750, Z400 twin (in a Z440 frame), TR1 (1000 V-twin), GS850 and (spread about the garage nin about 100 boxes) a Duke 900GTS.

Gave up on the quick stuff after finding myself exceeding the limit by ........err....95mph on the way to work. Without even trying. Plus it really, REALLY p%%ed me off trying to change the plugs. A ten minute job took bloody ages (fairing off, tank, half off etc)

Our current bike is a 1985 Kawasaki GPZ600R - unfortunately it's in a friend's garage waiting to be given the TLC it needs to be roadworthy! I've personally not ridden since the early '90s when I had to give it up due to the logistics of transporting a baby around (the sidecar was seriously considered for a while!)and lack of money to afford to keep it as a hobby. The last bike I rode regularly was a Suzuki GS850. I'd like to think I'll ride again.

Di Blasi 50cc fold-up moped - fits neatly on the front deck and lifts into the cabin at night.

I bough it at Crick last year secure in the knowledge that it might turn out to be another one of my pointless gadgets but it has in fact been very successful. I use it a lot and it adds an extra dimension to my boating. I get a lot more use out of my boat because of it.

http://www.conceptedge.co.uk/Moped_Detail.html

kawasaki zx6r j1, its my third kawasaki in line 4...

I used to ride purely for the thrill and now also enjoy the practicality of it - Amsterdam is NOT a car friendly place. Bike is also bloody useful to commute back and forth between to the UK as it means much cheaper ferry prices and garanteed (ish) journey times.

And another Deauville rider here, I commute from the boat near Tring to London and back every work day. love it too :(

I also have a Deauville 650. Not the quickest bike in the world, but to be honest as I get older the need for speed diminishes. With the amount of traffic these days, car drivers who don't look or talk on their mobiles - just being on a bike is a highly dangerous activity.

I've had my Deauville for about 8 months and I'm very happy with it. I don't think I'd ever go back to a chain drive & all that grease around the rear end.

Suzuki TL 1000s V twin 128bhp with full race cans and a power commander upright bars hooligan tool, and my new clobber red white and black camo jacket and pants. Also while im on the two wheeled bit i have avery nice timeshare appartment in the Cherry Orchard hotel complex in the IOM at Port Erin for sale its fully maintained and will sleep four easily but if you have lots of biker mates we can manage 6/7 its a good price and very cheap as i dont use it now because of the boat taking up all my hols, contact me via e-mail chris@unitedcastings.com

And another Deauville rider here, I commute from the boat near Tring to London and back every work day. love it too :(

I`d be interested to know which of my pupils painted your castles. Bike thought - given I know I`m past it why am I looking at airbox and carb mods to make the Thruxton a bit quicker...............?

Cheers

Phil

Bike thought - given I know I`m past it why am I looking at airbox and carb mods to make the Thruxton a bit quicker...............?

Cheers

Phil

I'd only start worrying when you start looking at Harleys as cool :)

Everything else is acceptable :(

Paul

Hi all,

Well I've been a biker since 1969.

NSU Quickly, Honda C100, Ariel Leader x 3, BSA M21, Panther 120, Lambretta J125, Ariel Pixie ( not the 3 wheeler), Suzuki 380, Honda 90, Honda XL250, BMW R90S, cossack/ Dnieper 650, Royal Enfield Bullet 500, (Indian version, current machine) Piaggio Hexagon 250 (Current machine), Honda CB500T, Velocette LE, Suzuki 250 Trail bike (forgotten the model number), plus a few more time has removed from my memory.

Best bike of the lot?

Either the Suzuki GT380 or the BMW R90S.

Me mate`s just bought a Buell Lightning - I reckon with a set of Vance and Hines pipes ....................

Cheers

Phil

I must admit the Buells are the cool side of Harley, top bikes. Blag a ride on it, it will be worth it, a proper holligans tool :) Mind you they are thinking of fitting the KTM engine that should make it fly :(

Paul

my prime motorcycle intrest is with the motocross/enduro world. i am a fairly active member of the Northampton Motorcycle Club. i started out with a Honda CRM 250, had good results on this in the past, now sadly languishing in the back of my barn waiting for a gearbox rebuild.

replaced the Honda with a KTM 200 EXC, has to be about the most fun you can have with your clothes on :)

also have a Suzuki SP 370 and a Jailing JH125 for trail riding.

its not all dirt bikes though, i have a quite tasty 1980 RD 250 LC, but due to work and other comitments it never sees the light of day, shame really, but there we are!

in the past i have had a string of Yam two stroke twins - YDS7, RD 250 & 400, a VF 400 Honda etc etc, one of my faves was a Honda C 50, went to Cadwell Park and Great Yarmouth on that :D

i dont miss road motorcycling too much, too many loony tin box drivers around these days :(