Boat stolen from Sawley

Keeping Up

Featured Posts

Hi to you all out there

I look at this site as a wonderful font of knowledge and an insurance that all on here are friendly and helpful and would love to help anyone in a fix,

so I hope if my boat was ever stolen you lot will be policing the canals for me, as we would for you, also going a little off topic, all of the worries and complaints

that come on this site surely we can solve them between us all, I dont mean in a vigilante style manner, but just that everyone keeps an eye out for everyone,

when someone writes in to complain about getting pushed off moorings if everyone emails BW that writes in here then they will surely do something

about it, they'll get fed up of being bombarded with complaints surely, and I know that some people say that we shouldnt be doing the work

for BW or the police, but we landlubbers do have neighborhood watches and will report any worrying behavior, only the other day I filmed a big dog pooing on the playing fields

and I told the owner that, the children would be playing football here later and it wouldn't be very nice if someone fell in it, (no threats not from me any way)

he did utter something to me about a" booking fitch" and then he cleaned it up, all sorted ( truth is I actually failed to catch the actuall motion by the dog.

any way sorry to go on but I like this site and all of you lot and someday in the future more people will stick together and the bad guys will have to watch their backs

Rant over !!! well not really ranting just observation . sorry to get so political but

ooh it makes me maaaaad ;)

I think you need to find yourself a new hobby........ :lol::D:D:boat:

Tiger.

;):):):cheers:

No no no Tiger, you have me all wrong, I dont always do that, not on a regliar basis anyway,

its just that we have both finished work now and are waiting to take to the helm of our new boat :cheers:

digitalis

Alternative tracker

a friend has one of these on his plastic yacht. (His kid wouldn't wear it ;) )

We have tested it and it does work.

Mind you, it hasn't been "borrowed" yet so hasn't been tested for real.....

Worth a thought?

A cheap tracker would be to get an old phone (on PAYG) and use a Mobile Phone Tracker service (many are also PAYG), they basically send a SMS to the phone saying do you wish to be tracked, once you say yes you then would have to unsubscribe from the service (via SMS) to remove the tracking. Just leave the phone plugged in hidden on the boat, to see where the boat is you go to the Mobile Phone Trackers website.

It won't be as accurate as GPS but at least you'll have a starting point. Spending the money on letting you know the boat is stolen is IMHO worth more than a tracker, esp if you leave the boat for long periods.

If your near the coast and have a sea going boat I would use a GPS alarm system though, etc.

My normal digital SLR with a 200mm on can show tread pattern on tyres at over 200 ft and reading a number plate is a doddle - you can see fixing bolts too as well as read the details off of the tax disc.

I know that the roadside speed cameras can read a plate from well over 1/4 a mile. I was at Chatsworth last year and they were demonstrating the range of these things. Look through the eyepice and you could read the prices chalked on the burger van that was so far away you could only just make out there was a burger van there.